Subject: CMP Certificate and Revocation Requests

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 15:59:29 -0500

From looking at the ASN.1 for PKIBody it looks as though in a single PKIMessage
can contain
multiple certificate requests or revocation requests. However Appendix B section
8 states;
"Certification may only be requested for one locally generated public key (for
more, use separate
PKIMessages".

I was wondering if a similar restriction applied to revocation requests, and if
not why the descrepancy.

                              Mike

---

From: Carlisle Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 13:17:35 -0500

Hi Mike,

Yes, a single PKIMessage can contain multiple requests.  Recall,
however, that Appendix B is intended to specify the minimum profile for
interoperability.  It seemed reasonable to say that (as a minimum)
implementations must support a single request, although the syntax
allows more than this.  As for revocation requests, this type of message
is not even included (at this time) in the minimum profile of Appendix
B, and so need not even be supported by compliant implementations.

Carlisle.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, December 07, 1998 3:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: CMP Certificate and Revocation Requests

From looking at the ASN.1 for PKIBody it looks as though in a single
PKIMessage
can contain
multiple certificate requests or revocation requests. However Appendix B
section
8 states;
"Certification may only be requested for one locally generated public
key (for
more, use separate
PKIMessages".

I was wondering if a similar restriction applied to revocation requests,
and if
not why the descrepancy.

                              Mike