Subject: First call for papers

From: "Gawlick, Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 16:19:46 +0100

Hi everyone !

Please find the attached first call for papers for a new international
forum for information security. We apologize if you have multiple
receipts of  this message.

We wish you all a joyous Holiday Season and a Happy New Year!

	secunet                             	
	Security Networks GmbH 
	CQRE - Team 

                          First CALL FOR PAPERS
                          --------------------------------------
             CQRE [Secure] Exhibition & Congress
             --------------------------------------------------------
         Nov. 30 - Dec. 2, 1999, Duesseldorf, Germany

CQRE [Secure] Exhibition & Congress provides a new international
forum giving a close-up view on information security in the context
of rapidly evolving economic processes. The unprecedented reliance
on computer technology has transformed the previous technical
side-issue "information security" to a management problem requiring
decisions of strategic importance. Hence, the targeted audience
represents decision makers from government, industry, commercial,
and academic communities.

If you are concerned with solutions relating to the protection of
your country´s information infrastructure or a commercial
enterprise, consider submitting a paper to the CQRE [Secure]
Exhibition & Congress.

We are looking for papers and panel discussions covering:

* ELECTRONIC COMMERCE            * CORPORATE SECURITY
---------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------
- new business processes                 - access control
- secure business transactions          - secure teleworking
- online merchandising                      - enterprise key management
- electronic payment / banking           - IT-audit
- innovative applications                     - risk / disaster
management
* NETWORK SECURITY                   - security awareness and training
---------------------------------------------          - implementation,
accreditation,
- virtual private networks                       and operation of secure
systems
- security aspects in internet                in a government, business,
or
  utilization                                         industry
environment
- security aspects in multi-               * SECURITY TECHNOLOGY
  media-applications
--------------------------------------------------
- intrusion detection systems            - cryptography
* LEGAL ASPECTS                         - public key infrastructures
------------------------------                        - chip card
technology
- digital signature acts                      - biometrics
- privacy and anonymity                   * TRUST MANAGEMENT
- crypto regulation
--------------------------------------------------
- liability                                         - evaluation of
products and systems
		                                         - international
harmonization of
              			        security evaluation criteria
                                                     * STANDARDIZATION
                                                     * FUTURE
PERSPECTIVES

Any other contribution addressing the involving of IT security in
economic processes will also be welcome. Authors are invited to
submit an extended abstract of their contribution to the program
chair. The submissions should be original research results, survey
articles or "high quality" case studies and position papers.
Product advertisements are welcome for presentation, but will not
be considered for the proceedings. Manuscripts must be in English,
and not more than 2.000 words. The extended abstracts should be in
a form suitable for anonymous review, without author's names,
affiliations, acknowledgements or obvious references. Contributions
must not be submitted in parallel to any conference or workshop
that has proceedings. Separately, an abstract of the paper with no
more than 200 words and with title, name and addresses (incl. an
E-mail address) of the authors may be submitted. In case of
multiple authors the contacting author must be clearly identified.
We strongly encourage electronic submission in Postscript format.
The submissions must be in 11pt format, use standard fonts or
include the necessary fonts. Proposals for panel discussions should
also be sent to the program chair. Panels of interest include those
that present alternative/controversial viewpoints or those that
encourage lively discussions of relevant issues. Panels that are
collections of unrefereed papers will not be considered. Panel
proposals should be a minimum of one page describing the subject
matter, the appropriateness of the panel for this conference and
should identify participants and their respective viewpoints.

MAILING LIST:
--------------------------------------
If you want to receive emails with subsequent Call for Papers and
registration information, please send a brief mail to [email-masked].

WEB SITE:
--------------------------------------
Up to date information about CQRE [Secure] Exhibition & Congress
will be available at http://www.secunet.de/Forum/cqre.html

IMPORTANT DATES:
--------------------------------------
- Deadline for submission of extended abstracts	               May 14,
1999
- Deadline for submission of panel proposals                      June
1,  1999
- Notification of acceptance
June 25, 1999
- Deadline for submission of complete papers                    July 30,
1999

PROGRAM COMMITTEE:
--------------------------------------
Johannes Buchmann                 (TU Darmstadt) 
Dirk Fox                                   (Secorvo) 
Walter Fumy                             (Siemens) 
Rüdiger Grimm                          (GMD) 
Helena Handschuh                    (ENST/Gemplus)
Thomas Hoeren                         (Uni Muenster) 
Pil Joong Lee                            (POSTECH) 
Alfred Menezes                         (U.of Waterloo / Certicom) 
David Naccache                        (Gemplus) 
Clifford Neumann                       (USC) 
Mike Reiter                               (Bell Labs) 
Matt Robshaw                           (RSA) 
Richard Schlechter                    (EU-comm.)
Bruce Schneier                         (Counterpane) 
Tsuyoshi Takagi                        (NTT) 
Yiannis Tsiounis                        (GTE Labs) 
Michael Waidner                       (IBM) 
Moti Yung                                (CERTCO) 
Robert Zuccherato 		(Entrust)

PROGRAM CHAIR: 
--------------------------------------
Rainer Baumgart 
secunet Security Networks GmbH
Weidenauer Str. 223 - 225 
57076 Siegen Germany 
Tel.: +49-271-48950-15 
Fax: +49-271-48950-50 
[email-masked]