Subject: PKIX Reference Implementation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 21:32:29 -0500

At the second PKIX session at the 43rd IETF (12/9/98), some questions came
up about the PKIX Reference Implementation on the MIT Web Site contributed
by IBM/Lotus/Iris.  Here are some details:

The URL is www.mit.edu/pfl

It was refreshed on 12/5/98.  Here is the text from John Wray's
announcement on the imc-pfl list:
   The second snapshot of the Jonah code is available on the web-site.
   The most important changes in this snapshot are improvements to the
   build process (no more copying of system .LIB files, Visual C V6
   supported, you can use the Sun JDK instead of Borland JBuilder if
   you want), and that everything now builds from sources (no more
   pre-built DLLs).  There's a lot of underlying infrastructure that's
   been added to support CRLs, but that functionality isn't yet exposed
   at the GUI level.

I just double checked.  Everything is in source except for the LDAP client
code that is really not being used yet.  The available source does include
the CDSA framework.  The Cylink crypto library source is as provided.

There is a mailing list to discuss this: [email-masked]  See
http://www.imc.org/imc-pfl for subscribe instructions.

This code is currently only available inside the United States.  We will
investigate accelerating the availability elsewhere.

Thanks - Mark
______________________________________________________________
Mark C Davis/Raleigh/IBM, DSS Network Security, [email-masked]
(919)254-7876, pager 1(800)946-4646 PIN 6066244,  FAX (919)254-5710