Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-qc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 10:24:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure 
                          Qualified Certificates
	Author(s)	: S. Santesson, W. Polk, P. Gloeckner
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-qc-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 04-Feb-99
	
   This Internet-Draft forms a certificate profile for Qualified
   Certificates, based on RFC 2459, for use in the Internet. In this
   document the term Qualified Certificate is used to describe a
   certificate which is aimed to support digital signatures in a context
   which is considered functionally equivalent to the use of handwritten
   signatures.

   This is the first official PKIX WG draft; two unofficial drafts
   labeled <draft-ietf-santesson-qc-0x.txt> were previously distributed
   on the list for comments.

   The key words 'MUST', 'MUST NOT', 'REQUIRED', 'SHALL', 'SHALL NOT',
   'SHOULD', 'SHOULD NOT', 'RECOMMENDED', 'MAY', and 'OPTIONAL' in this
   document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.

   Please send comments on this document to the [email-masked] mail
   list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-qc-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-qc-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-qc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.