Subject: Protocol Action: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure LDAPv2 Schema to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 10:33:00 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Internet X.509 Public Key
Infrastructure LDAPv2 Schema' <draft-ietf-pkix-ldapv2-schema-02.txt> as
a Proposed Standard.  This document is the product of the Public-Key
Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are
Jeff Schiller and Marcus Leech.

Technical Summary
 
  This document defines a minimal schema to support PKIX in an LDAPv2
  environment, as defined in draft-ietf-pkix-ipki2opp-08.txt. Only
  PKIX-specific components are specified.

Working Group Summary

  The working group reached consensus on this proposal

Protocol Quality

  Jeffrey I. Schiller reviewed this document for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor:
In draft-ietf-pkix-ldapv2-schema-02.txt replace all of section

7 Patent Statements

with:

7  Intellectual Property Rights

   The IETF has been notified of intellectual property rights claimed in
   regard to some or all of the specification contained in this
   document.  For more information consult the online list of claimed
   rights.

   The IETF takes no position regarding the validity or scope of any
   intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to
   pertain to the implementation or use of the technology described in
   this document or the extent to which any license under such rights
   might or might not be available; neither does it represent that it
   has made any effort to identify any such rights. Information on the
   IETF's procedures with respect to rights in standards-track and
   standards-related documentation can be found in BCP-11. Copies of
   claims of rights made available for publication and any assurances of
   licenses to be made available, or the result of an attempt made to
   obtain a general license or permission for the use of such
   proprietary rights by implementors or users of this specification can
   be obtained from the IETF Secretariat.