Subject: Qualified certificates - European standardization

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:56:27 +0100

All,

Next week then European Union initiative EESSI (European Electronic
Signature Standardization Initiative) will hold it's first meeting. The
purpose for this group is to coordinate european standardization necessary
to support cross border electronic signature acceptance (supporting the
electronic signature directive).

I'm invited in this fora to present our work on the Qualified certificates
draft. I will do my best to se through that European and IETF
standardization of certificate format goes hand in hand.

Before this meeting (february 24) I would like to get in contact with
people that can provide me with valuable input. 

If you know of other standardization initiatives covering the same topic ...
If you are considering implementing or utilizing such standard ...
If you have any valuable contribution of any kind ...

Please let me know.

/Stefan

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Stefan Santesson                <[email-masked]>
Accurata Systemsäkerhet AB     
Lotsgatan 27 D                  Tel. +46-40 152211              
216 42  Malmö                   Fax. +46-40 150790              
Sweden                        Mobile +46-70 5247799

PGP fingerprint: 89BC 6C79 5B3D 591B 8547  1512 7D11 DBF4 528F 29A0
-------------------------------------------------------------------