Subject: Netx ABA ISC meeting announcement

From: "Todd S. Glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:05:48 -0800

Hi all -
I didn't see one go by so here is the  first announcement of the next
American Bar Association Information Security Committee meeting. The
upcoming meeting will be held from Wednesday, April 7, 1999 through Friday,
April 9, 1999, at the Patent & Trademark Office University in Crystal City,
Virginia.

The IS Committee will continue its advancement of the legal and control
issues for managing public key infrastructure (PKI). This session's efforts
will include further work on the evaluation/accreditation certification
authorities, commercial key recovery guidelines, PKI agreements and
evidentiary issues, certificate policy, and liability, among other matters.
In this upcoming session, we will focus considerable attention on resolving
remaining architectural issues as well as an enhanced focus upon “consumer
issues” brought to light our work in the PKI Evaluation Guidelines (PEG).

Day 2 of the meeting (Thursday, April 8th) will consist of a Special
Workshop on Consumers and PKI.  This pioneering workshop will include a
distinguished panel of regulators and experts on consumer law and PKI.
Participation in this workshop is open to the public, space permitting.

Membership
-----------------
Consistent with Section policy, (except for the open admission to the
Special Workshop on April 8th), ISC meeting participants must be members of
both the ABA and the ABA Section of Science and Technology. For membership
information, please contact Ann Kowalsky, Manager for the Section of Science
& Technology, at ABA headquarters in Chicago by phone: +1 312.988.5599, fax:
+1 312.988.5628, or email: <[email-masked]>.

You can become a paid member of the ABA and the ISC at the meeting.
Associate membership in both the ABA and the Section of Science and
Technology is available for non-lawyers (Associates) at a cost of $125 per
year.  Meeting details appear below.

More info
-------------
If you need a copy of the full schedule or announcement, I have it in MS
Word and RTF - the whole package is 5 pages. Please send me mail directly
rather than to the list. - [email-masked] and I will send them to
you.

Thanks,
Todd Glassey