Subject: LDAP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:35:03 -0500

Anyone & Everyone,

I am new to this list so please forgive me if this question has been
answered.  I have gone through the archive pretty thoroughly and I was only
able to find half of the answer I am looking for there... and I think the
knowledge is considered "known to all" or presupposed by everyone.
Unfortunately I don't know...

The question has progressed as follows (this way you know the direction
from which I am approaching the question) starting with... How do I get
hold of a CRL from a CA distribution point?  I believe I do this via LDAP
or HTTP/FTP.  I was able to find the subjAltName extension with the URI
containing the IA5string with the URL of the distribution point inside of
it.  However, I was unable to find anything other than the directoryName
for the LDAP portion of tracking down CRL distribution points..  I looked
into that field and it looks more like the directory setup so that you
would know how to search through the specific distribution point, not the
location of the distribution point.  SO...

How do you know the location of an LDAP server for a specific CA
distribution point?  Is this an out-of-band issue? Or is there something
similar to the HTTP and FTP methods using subjAltName and the URI field?

If you need me to further extrapolate, please don't hesitate to ask for
more and I will do my best to fill this question out if needed.

Matthew DeRuyter