Subject: Re: Usage of CRL Issuing Distribution Point

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:03:07 -0500

Thank you all for the answers and dsicussions to my CRL question.
 
 I still have one question :
 
   Section 5.2.5 of RFC 2459 says that an issuing-distribution-point
   extension in a CRL can have DistributionPointName and ReasonFlags,
   etc.
   
   I can see why we need ReasonFlags. But what is the purpose for 
   DistributionPointName ? I have to know this name before I can get
   the CRL, right ?

 Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

 Regards, Pau-Chen

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 12:00:26 -0500

Pau-Chen

>   DistributionPointName ? I have to know this name before I can get

Inclusion of this info ensures that the CRL you retrieved is the one you
asked for, since we would rather not have to trust the directory system to
that extent.

Steve