Subject: Changes to RFC 2459

From: Alfred Arsenault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 21:56:38 -0400

Folks,

	As long as we're talking about changes that can be made to RFC 2459
when it progresses to Draft Standard, I'd like to throw out this
suggestion:

	can section 6 be reworded to be consistent in the use of the term "root
CA" with the rest of the PKIX documents?  For example, in the following
paragraph:

	The "most-trusted CA" is a matter of policy: it could be a root 	CA in
a hierarchical PKI; the CA that issued the verifier's own
   	certificate(s); or any other CA in a network PKI.  The path
   	validation procedure is the same regardless of the choice of 	
"most-trusted CA."

	If "most-trusted CA" is replaced with "root CA"; and root CA is
replaced with some other term (like "top CA" or something), then we
could get rid of a paragraph in the Roadmap that I really don't like.

		Al Arsenault

  - my views are my own, and do not necessarily represent those of my
employer or of any other organization with which I might have a
relationship.