Subject: New Timestamping Tokens

From: "Todd S. Glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 09:13:03 -0800

Hey Folks,
I have a serious concern that we are focusing on only half the battle
ere  - these issues, that is to say  about the structure of the Zuccheratto,
et al.  Timestamping Library, are really only half the puzzle for
timestamping and event tracking.

 As I was saying above, I suggest that the protocol, without adding a
recommended token structure is only half the battle. The protocol without a
token structure and format is just that, a means to cook a new end, nothing
more than core enablement.

Imagine if you will, that you are looking at all the pieces of a classic car
on the floor of your garage, Now take that image a step farther and imagine
that THERE IS NO INSTRUCTION BOOK for building the car and you've never seen
one assembled before... More importantly, that some auditor has to do a CS2
Audit on the completed car having never seen the instructions either, in
order for you to sell the car. No what do you do?

'Cause in my mind, that's what the current timestamping protocol draft
represents today - All the well manufactured infrastructure, but no
instructions or approved method for using them.

So, I suggest we help out the people who use these standards by giving them
a baseline set of digital tokens. My feeling is that to the industry and our
respective commercial endeavors, that this technology would be of
uncountable value to since we would have an anchor point to code to, the
Token.

Todd Glassey