Subject: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-clynn-bgp-x509-auth-00.txt

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:48:08 -0700

This might be of interest to this group (might not).

>To: IETF-Announce: ;
>From: [email-masked]
>Reply-to: [email-masked]
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-clynn-bgp-x509-auth-00.txt
>Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:03:44 -0400
>Sender: [email-masked]
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>directories.
>
>
>         Title           : X.509 Extensions for Authorization of IP Addresses,
>                           AS Numbers, and Routers within an AS
>         Author(s)       : C. Lynn
>         Filename        : draft-clynn-bgp-x509-auth-00.txt
>         Pages           : 13
>         Date            : 14-Jun-99
>
>This document defines three X.509 v3 Certificate Extensions.  The
>first binds a list of IP Address blocks to the public key of the
>subject of a certificate.  The second binds a list of Autonomous
>System Numbers to the public key of the subject of a certificate.
>The third binds a BGP Router Identifier and an Autonomous System
>Number to the public key of the subject of a certificate.  Third
>parties, e.g., BGP routers, may use these certificates to verify that
>the holder of the private key corresponding to the public key in the
>certificate has been properly authorized to use resources specified
>in the certificate extension.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-clynn-bgp-x509-auth-00.txt
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>         "get draft-clynn-bgp-x509-auth-00.txt".
>
>A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>
>Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>
>Send a message to:
>         [email-masked].
>In the body type:
>         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-clynn-bgp-x509-auth-00.txt".
>
>NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>         how to manipulate these messages.
>
>
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>
>
>ENCODING mime
>FILE /internet-drafts/draft-clynn-bgp-x509-auth-00.txt
>
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-clynn-bgp-x509-auth-00.txt>

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium