Subject: Revised version of LDAPv3 profile

From: "David Chadwick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 17:31:24 +0100

Steve, Warwick

I have today asked the ID editor to publish the revised version of the 
LDAPv3 profile for PKIX. This document has had a substantial 
number of changes since the first version, and therefore I dont think 
it should go for last call just yet (as was suggested it might at the 
Oslo meeting). In particular, there has been a large new section 
added about schema issues. Various certificate and CRL matching 
rules have been added, as has a chunk about attribute certificates. 
Also changes have been made to accommodate the large number of 
comments from various people, especially Mark Wahl. Finally I have 
inserted a number of editors comments asking for views about a 
number of issues in the document, so these need to be resolved. So 
I await for comments on this version before preparing one for last 
call.

David
***************************************************

David Chadwick
IS Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
Mobile +44 790 167 0359
*NEW* Email [email-masked] *NEW*
Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm
X.500/LDAP Seminars http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/seminars.htm
Entrust key validation string MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J

***************************************************