Subject: LAST CALL:draft-ietf-pkix-qc-01.txt

From: Warwick Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 14:20:32 -0700

The Qualified Certificates draft is issued for 14-day WG Last Call.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, August 09, 1999 4:24 AM
To: IETF-Announce; @imc.org
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-qc-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Qualified

                          Certificates Profile
	Author(s)	: S. Santesson, W. Polk,  P. Gloeckner
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-qc-01.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 06-Aug-99
	
This Internet-Draft forms a certificate profile for Qualified
Certificates, based on RFC 2459, for use in the Internet. The term
Qualified Certificate is used to describe a certificate with a
certain qualified status within applicable governing law. Further
Qualified Certificates are issued exclusively to physical persons
represented by a registered unmistakable identity.
The goal of this document is to define a general syntax independent
of local legal requirements. The profile is however designed to allow
further profiling in order to meet specific local needs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-qc-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-qc-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-qc-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.