Subject: New Microsoft cert extension?

From: Marc Branchaud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 17:10:45 -0700

Found an extension with this OID in a Win2K cert: 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.21.1. 
Here's what it looks like from Peter Gutmann's dumpasn1:

 576 30   16:         SEQUENCE {
 578 06    9:           OBJECT IDENTIFIER '1 3 6 1 4 1 311 21 1'
 589 04    3:           OCTET STRING, encapsulates {
 591 02    1:               INTEGER 0
            :               }
            :           }

I believe that 1.3.6.1.4.1.311 belongs to Microsoft, but does anyone
know what this extension is?

		Marc

---

From: ¿À°æÈñ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 10:10:44 +0900

PRIVATE ENTERPRISE NUMBERS
 SMI Network Management Private Enterprise Codes:
Prefix: iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprise (1.3.6.1.4.1)

This file is
          ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/enterprise-numbers

Decimal   Name                                                References
-------   ----                                                ----------
  311   Microsoft             John M. Ballard   [email-masked]

Try to mail to the address above.

If you get the answer, please let me know.