Subject: RE: Publishing Base CRLs

From: Trevor Freeman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 13:15:59 -0700

I have looked there and CRLscope is not an extension I would want to
consider at this time due to its complexity.
Perhaps we should name these efforts Lightweight Delta CRL's

-----Original Message-----
From: David A. Cooper [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, October 01, 1999 1:10 PM
To: Trevor Freeman; Pkix List (E-mail)
Subject: Re: Publishing Base CRLs

At 11:51 AM 10/1/99 -0700, Trevor Freeman wrote:
>Therefore my proposal is to remove the current mandate that a base CRL be
>published every time a delta CRL is published.
>Trevor

I would suggest looking at the X.509 FPDAM on certificate extensions
(available
at ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/documentsForBallot/CertExtFPDAM.doc
or
ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/documentsForBallot/CertExtFPDAM.pdf).

In particular, look at the proposed text for the CRL scope field (section
12.5.2.5) and
the delta CRL indicator field (section 12.6.3.3). Also look at section
12.6.4.

Dave