Subject: Re: draft-ietf-pkix-ipki-ecdsa-02.txt

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:44:24 -0500

Given that RFC 2459 must be updated, I suggest that these specification be 
folded into the updated RFC 2459. I do not think that a separate document 
adds value.

Russ

==========

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working 
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
                           Representation of Elliptic Curve Digital 
Signature
                           Algorithm (ECDSA) Keys and Signatures in 
Internet
                           X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificates
	Author(s)	: L. Bassham, D. Johnson, W. Polk
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-ipki-ecdsa-02.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 22-Oct-99
	
This is the third draft of a profile for specification of Elliptic
Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) keys and signatures in
Internet Public Key Infrastructure X.509 certificates and certificate
revocation lists. This specification is an addendum to RFC 2459;
implementations must also conform to RFC 2459.  In addition, this
document references ANSI X9.62 for the specification of the ECDSA
algorithm.  This specification only addresses the format of ECDSA
keys and signatures.  Please send comments on this document to the
[email-masked] mail list.

---

From: Francois Rousseau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 15:39:29 -0400

In addition, since the support for ECC based key agreement and key
transport are being profiled under the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group,
should not the specification for these keys also be folded into the updated
RFC 2459?

François 

>folded into the updated RFC 2459. I do not think that a separate document 
[snip]