Subject: Registartion Authority Functionality

From: "nKrypt-IT Ltd." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 07:48:13 +0100

I am not sure this has a place here, but comments/ suggestions would be
useful.

Microsoft have recently 'requested' the abrogation of international
standards for Chat or Instant messaging.

Our product includes encrypted chat messaging and also encrypted voice over
IP and video messaging using public key protection.

One of the major problems here, is knowing the IP addresses of users
connected using a dial-up connection with dynamic IP address allocation.
Could this not be a function of the Registration Authority and, if so could
the appropriate message structures be added to those given in RFC2510 ?

The registration authority would certainly be in a position to determine the
'right' of another user to be given a specific users on-line connection
details.

As I mention above, I am not sure that this is appropriate or may well be
supported in other areas of the proposed pkix standards.

Any comments, further information, suggestions would be appreciated.

Martin Anderson,
Senior Developer
nKrypt-IT Ltd.
http://www.nKrypt-IT.co.uk