Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-dcs-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 06:52:26 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Data   
                          Validation and Certification Server Protocols
	Author(s)	: C. Adams, P. Sylvester, M. Zolotarev,  R. Zuccherato
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-dcs-02.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 13-Oct-99
	
This document describes a general data validation and certification
service and the protocols to be used when communicating with it.  The
Data Validation and Certification Server is a Trusted Third Party
(TTP) that can be used as one component in building reliable non-
repudiation services (see [ISONR]).
Useful Data Validation and Certification Server responsibilities in a
PKI are to validate signed documents and to assert the validity of
public key certificates at a given time.
We give examples of how to use the Data Certification Server to
extend the lifetime of a signature beyond key expiry or revocation
and to query the Data Certification Server regarding the status of a
public key certificate.
<draft>Note: The initial drafts of this protocol used the
abbreviation DCS instead of DVCS.</draft>

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-dcs-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-dcs-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-dcs-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Peter Sylvester <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:20:08 +0200 (MET DST)

Please ignore the following draft. 

A new version will be send today or tomorrow.