Subject: RE: SEIS: QC Container-ID (card serial)

From: Simon Corell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 13:37:25 +0100

Stefan, I remember this was a big issue in our first discussion on the
Swedish EID Card spexs. I was always pro a hard connection between the
certificate(s) and the devise in this special case. I hear from our friends
in the banking industry that they will not separate the revocation of
certificates and the physical device. If revoked the device is blocked. 
/Simon

Simon Corell, PKI Evangelist,  LL.B.
iD2 Technologies, Liljeholmsvägen 14, P.O.Box 44055, 100 73 Sweden
Phone: +46 8 7755219, Mobile: +46 706541470, Fax: +46 8 7267912
mail to: [email-masked], http://www.iD2tech.com

> iD2 - Securing the Internet economy
> 

-----Original Message-----
From: Anders Rundgren [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: den 3 november 1999 08:54
To: Stefan Santesson; [email-masked]; 'SEIS-List'
Subject: SEIS: QC Container-ID (card serial)

--- Message on the SEIS mailing list ([email-masked])

Sorry for bringing this up again but I have not received an answer yet.

It is likely that a large part of future QCs will be put in smart cards, be
it
descrete credit-card-sized cards, SIM/WIM cards, or Java Rings etc.

These physical containers always have a serial number or similar that
I think should be possible to specify in QCs (using a pre-defined
identifier)
to be able to track which container that was used for generating a digital
signature.

Please....

Anders

----------------- SEIS mailing list ([email-masked])
Info about this list: http://www.nc-forum.com/seis
SEIS Contact: [email-masked]