Subject: Re: QC UID support must depart from RFC2459

From: "Anders Rundgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 19:38:38 -0000

> Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
>
>If QCs deviate from 2459 (in its future, revised version), then there will
>be no QC profile as an IETF standard.  I assume this is obvious, but just
>wanted to inject a little reality check here.

>As for letting "the market and legislators decide," surely you are joking
>about the former.

Steve & Stefan, I have presented an overwhelming amount of real (and some anticipated)
uses of UIDs (or rather privately profiled UIDs due to the sad state of 2459).

It does not make sense to put more energy on this subject if these FACTs are not enough.

And IMO the market is more important than 2459 or QC-002.  It is like
the map and reality.  Most people stick to reality when they differ.

Anders

---

From: "Khaja E. Ahmed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 00:47:29 -0800

Does anyone know if there a publicly accessible location of the draft ANSI
X9.79 standard - "PKI Practices and Policy Framework", editor Mark Ludlin?

If so, can some kindly soul reply with a pointer to this draft.

Thanks.

Khaja