Subject: SEIS: Re: Fresh version of the EU draft Electronic Signature directive

From: Stefan Kelm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 18:30:27 +0100 (MET)

--- Message on the SEIS mailing list ([email-masked])

Stefan,

> I have updated the QC web page with the latest official version of the
> ES-directive, Included in the Common position paper adopted by the Council
> on June 28, 1999.
>
> This version contains an updated version of Annex III, which I was
> referring to earlier.

please note that last week the European Parliament approved this Common
Position. However, a few amendments from the European Committee were agreed
upon during the plenary session. You can download the session protocol
including those amendments from www.europarl.eu.int.

Next, the European Council will have to approve the modified text. The
Directive will probably enter into force at the end of this year.

Cheers,

        Stefan.

______________________________________________________________________________
Stefan Kelm            PGP key: "finger [email-masked]" or via key server
DFN-PCA                                                      <[email-masked]>
Vogt-Koelln-Str. 30                               http://www.pca.dfn.de/~kelm/
22527 Hamburg (Germany)                   Tel: +49 40 428 83-2262 / Fax: -2241

----------------- SEIS mailing list ([email-masked])
Info about this list: http://www.nc-forum.com/seis
SEIS Contact: [email-masked]