Subject: IMPORTANT info for those who is staying in OMNI Shoreham. Please read.

From: Michael Zolotarev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 02:23:15 +1100

This morning I've discovered that the hotel charges you for every
international phone call you make, EVEN IF THERE WAS NO CONNECTION, i.e.
nobody answered.

More disgustingly, they charge $21.65 for each call like that, and it is
shown as a long distance call with 1 minute duration in your hotel bill
printout.

Which is obviously illegal. I spoke to the Sprint, which confirmed that it
is a rip of, and as a result my bill was IMMEDIATELY recalculated when I
raised the issue at the front desk.

The hotel is apparently aware of what's going on, but deliberatly fails to
inform you that there is a nice little 21.65xnnn illegal surcharge in your
bill. 

So be aware and take care of your money.

I'm posting it to the PKIX group only, as I'm not subscribed to others. But
I trust that you will pass the message across.

Michael

PS I forgot to mention that I also found that I was billed for using the
Honor Bar, which I did not touch. But this could be a real mistake,
though...