Subject: Comments on draft-ietf-pkix-qc-02.txt

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 18:32:15 -0500

Just a couple of comments/questions on the draft:

1. The draft covers qcs issued "to a natural person (living human
being)."  Does this include the CA operator or is just for EEs?  I
assumed it was just for EEs, but I wasn't 100% sure.

2.  Can capitalize the "may" in the second sentence of 3.2.1: "Instances
of this object MAY be used to construct unique names from personal
attributes of the subject."

3. Does the personalData OtherName form have to be a name in
subjectAltName or could it also be just an attribute that gets carried
in subjectDirectoryAttributes?  Better yet could we just carry the
attributes without all the wrapping of the personalData?

4. The text on key usage says only set the nr bit and nothing else.
What about processing?  Does the verifier have to make sure that only
the nr bit is set?

5. Could you change the next draft to explicitly say that the
biometricInfo and qcStatements extensions "MAY" be used to support ....
?  The current draft does not explicitly state this.

Thanks,

spt