Subject: QC Inconsistency

From: Ismo Heikkonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 16:31:25 +0200

I found an inconsistency in document draft-ietf-pkix-qc-03.txt:

In section 2.4. "Uniqueness of names" there are references to X.501-1997
version, but however, according to ASN.1 definitions the Name is
imported from RFC2459, which defines the Name without support for X.500
Context feature.
So the reference should be changed to X.501 - 93, as RFC 2459 states.

By using X.500 1997 context feature you could be able to add more than
one serial number attribute values to subject field, and in some cases
this could be a useful feature .

Ismo

---

From: Magnus Nystrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:47:49 +0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)

Ismo,

This is correct, the reference should be to X.501:1993 and not X.501:1997
(the reference to PKCS #9 should be changed as well). Thanks for the
catch.

-- Magnus
Magnus Nystrom		Email: [email-masked]
RSA Laboratories