Subject: XML Encoded SPKI Certificates

From: Juha Pääjärvi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:28:41 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

I have released an Internet-Draft that defines XML encoding for SPKI
certificates. The draft can be accessed at

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-paajarvi-xml-spki-cert-00.txt

The draft combines existing SPKI structures, XML encoding and
XML-signature (defined by XML-Signature WG). In particular, the draft
concentrates on XML encoding of SPKI authorization certificates.

I will present the draft for the XML-Signature WG as an application
example of XML-signature at Adelaide (Monday, March 27, 1300-1500 at room
10).

To mention just a couple of topics that might be of interest to SPKI and
PKIX mailing list members:
 -The introduction chapter of the draft discusses the benefits of XML
  encoding for certificates over other encoding options.
 -Appendix B contains an example of an XML encoded SPKI authorization
  certificate.

Regards,
        Juha

--
j u h a    p ä ä j ä r v i
     [R&D Engineer]                                      First Hop Ltd.
                                                         Tekniikantie 12
work   +358-9-2517 2332    [email-masked]    FIN-02150 Espoo
mobile +358-40-560 2733    www.firsthop.com              Finland