Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2510bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 06:32:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate 
                          Management Protocols
	Author(s)	: C. Adams, S. Farrell
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2510bis-00.txt
	Pages		: 86
	Date		: 07-Mar-00
	
This document describes the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
(PKI) Certificate Management Protocols. Protocol messages are defined
for all relevant aspects of certificate creation and management.
Note that 'certificate' in this document refers to an X.509v3
Certificate as defined in [COR95, X509-AM].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2510bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2510bis-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2510bis-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Carlisle Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:12:31 -0500

Hello,

This is the "son-of-RFC 2510" draft that was intended to appear "very
shortly" after the last IETF meeting (in other words, it's right on
schedule, according to traditional IETF practice...).

This revision incorporates the modifications/clarifications that were
required as a result of the ICSA-sponsored CMP interoperability testing,
including a new Appendix describing a couple of behavioral clarifications
needed for RFC 2511 (this seemed much preferable to revising that document
for such minor changes, especially since this would also necessitate
revising the soon-to-appear CMC, which also points to RFC 2511).

The revisions to 2510 are expected to be uncontentious (though I've been
surprised before!), and the hope is that this document will quickly be
approved as an RFC (either Proposed Standard or Draft Standard -- Warwick,
Steve?), obsoleting 2510.

Carlisle.

P.S., Those of you who are interested in seeing the precise changes from RFC
2510, please send me an e-mail and I will send you a Word document with
revisions "on".

> ----------
> From: 	[email-masked][SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Reply To: 	[email-masked]
> Sent: 	Wednesday, March 08, 2000 6:32 AM
> Cc: 	[email-masked]
> Subject: 	I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2510bis-00.txt
> 
>  <<...>> 

Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:12:32 -0500