Subject: Re: Any PKIX compliant servers?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 07:59:42 -0500

Perhaps you were looking at one of the Jonah pre-releases;  the final drop
of Jonah, available from MIT, implements POP and message protection.

John

"Christopher Williams" <[email-masked]> on 03/30/2000 03:34:33 AM

To:   <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:  Any PKIX compliant servers?

One of the main problems that I'm finding with PKIX development is the lack
of available PKIX-compliant certificate server software.  Does anybody know
of any commercial software that understands certificate requests compliant
with RFC 2510 / 2511?  Jonah is not much good because it does not appear to
implement POP or message protection.  Alternatively (and better), are there
any servers available over the Internet?

Also, does anybody have any syntactically correct PKIX messages that I (we
if there's anybody else out there developing in anger) could use to test
the
software that I'm writing, along with whatever is required to verify
protection / POP (e.g. password used in a password-based MAC, signing
certificate with corresponding private key, CA encryption certificate and
decryption private key, etc.)?

Regards,

Chris Williams,
NetLexis Ltd.

---

From: Carlisle Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:12:27 -0500

Hi Chris,

> ----------
> From: 	Christopher Williams[SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 	Thursday, March 30, 2000 3:34 AM
> To: 	[email-masked]
 
Interoperability testing for RFC 2510/2511 has been going on for a long time
now amongst a number of implementers.  This is what has led to rfc2510bis
(note that some of this has occurred over the net -- "virtually" free
participation!  :-).  Interoperability testing will continue within the PKI
Forum on this draft.  Bob Moskowitz (copied on this e-mail) is trying to
arrange schedules/times/places/participants/etc. for the next bake-off.
Please contact him if you are interested in getting involved.

Carlisle.