Subject: Update to OCSP-X

From: Michael Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 06:17:37 -0800

All,

A draft revision of OCSP-X is available at:

http://www.imc.org/ietf-pkix/temp-draft-ietf-pkix-ocspx.txt

Paul Hoffman kindly agreed to host it on his site as the submission didn't
make it to IETF in time to get it on the official server.

The draft is radically edited from the version briefed at D.C. in response
to comments received there.  It's now all of six pages long and proposes the
following extensions to OCSP as originally discussed on the floor in Oslo.

1. Delegated path validation:  An response type OID is defined for a
server's use in signalling that it has performed 2459-compliant path
validation.

2. Path discovery:  An extension enabling the server to return to the client
the path the server used.

3. Trust root specification: An extension enabling a client to specify a
trusted root for validation purposes.

4. Extended error status:  An extension that enables additional error
indications.

Many thanks to Phil for his initiative in D.C. with the first version.
There are several concepts in his original draft that deserve consideration
by the group for possible inclusion in a parallel I-D.

Mike