Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-time-stamp-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 06:28:05 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Time Stamp 
                          Protocols (TSP)
	Author(s)	: C. Adams,  P. Cain, D. Pinkas, R. Zuccherato
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-time-stamp-06.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 02-Mar-00
	
A time stamping service allows to prove that a datum existed before
a particular time and can be used as a Trusted Third Party (TTP) as
one component in building reliable non-repudiation services (see
[ISONR]). This document describes the format of a request sent to a
Time Stamping Authority (TSA) and of the response that is returned.
An example on how to prove that a digital signature was generated
during the validity period of the corresponding public key
certificate is given in an annex.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-time-stamp-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-time-stamp-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-time-stamp-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.