Subject: PKIX library

From: Gabriel López Millán <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 12:36:57 +0200

Hello all.

    There is any free pkix library for Java?

    Thanks, Gabi.

---

From: Gabriel López Millán <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 18:47:48 +0200

>     There is any free pkix library for Java?

        OK, I am testing JCSI library. It is good, but I want a library
which I can construct PKIMessages, with PKIBody, PKIHeader, etc.

    There is anything?

    Thanks a lot, Gabi.

---

From: Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 18:12:01 +1000

Hi Gabi,

I assumed that you are talking about implementation of Cert. Management
Protocol (CMP)?

Since the last release of JCSI, we have implemented and changed a fair
bit.  I guess more importantly for you, we have also add CMP support in
JCSI.  At the moment, I am working on getting CMC support.

That said, however, we are still doing some QC before we will release
the next version of JCSI (v1.0).  I am not sure even if CMP will make it
into next release.

If you really keen on getting your hand on CMP library in Java, please
email me separately (ie. not through email list) We can talk about how
and if you can get your hand on those library.

Cheers...
Eddy

---

From: Sean Mullan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 10:32:08 +0100

Hi,

You may also be interested in the development of a new standard
Java API for handling certification paths.

The Java Certification Path API is a Java API that is
currently being specified using the Java Community Process.
The API is targeted for the next release of J2SE (Java
2 Standard Edition). It will include Java classes for building
and validating certification paths, and will be based on
the standard Java Cryptography Architecture. A reference 
implementation of the APIs including an RFC 2459 certification 
path validation implementation is planned.

Please see http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/communityprocess/jsr/jsr_055_certp.html
for the Java Specification Request, which includes more information
about this API.

Thanks,
Sean

---

From: Eddy Cheung <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 11:39:53 +1000

Thanks, Sean.

I believe DSTC is already involved in Java Community Process and also in
the JCA/JCE area as well.

Cheers...
Eddy