Subject: Use cases for digital credentials

From: "Marco Casassa Mont" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 12:58:28 +0100

Dear all,

I am analysing a B2B scenario where employees working for different
enterprises (which have no previous business relationships and are not
member of any EDI VAN or extranet) need to interact together: for trust
reasons they need to exchange digital credentials (identity certificates and
*expecially* attribute certificates).

I wonder if you are aware of any document/paper describing use cases for
digital credentials in such a B2B scenario. In particular I am interested in
use cases and examples for attribute certificates.

Any link/reference is welcome.

Marco

P.S.: Apologies if this is not the right mailing list to ask for this kind
of information

=========================================================================
 Marco Casassa Mont
 Trusted E-Services Laboratory               +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 Hewlett-Packard Laboratories                +++++++   _/        +++++++
 Filton Road, Stoke Gifford                  +++++    _/           +++++
 BRISTOL, BS34 8QZ, UK.                      ++++    _/_/_/  _/_/_/ ++++
                                             +++    _/  _/  _/  _/   +++
 Phone:  +44 117 312 8794 (direct)           ++++  _/  _/  _/_/_/   ++++
 Telnet: 312 8794                            +++++        _/       +++++
 Fax:    +44 117 312 9250                    +++++++     _/      +++++++
 Email:  [email-masked]           +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

=========================================================================
    'All points of view are my own and not necessarily HP's as well'

---

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 09:11:13 +0200

Marco,

Take a look at ES 201733 "Electronic Signature Formats" in
particular section 8.12.3. The document is available at:

http://www.etsi.org/SEC/el-sign.htm

Denis