Subject: FW: FQDN vs ALIAS

From: "Stringfield, Robert Mr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 19:11:06 +0200

Is this question acceptable to this list?  If not could you provide me with
pointers as we have no ideas :-)....
--bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2000 6:41 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: FQDN vs ALIAS

Mr. Stringfield,

I work with Jenny Dolak here at Ft Huachuca in PKI Server registration.   I
have recently had several questions concerning how a certificate should be
registered when an Alias is involved, and cannot seem to find an answer.
The only rule I know is that the certificate should be registered using the
FQDN, but I can't have the SA's do this if the certificate will not work
when their people are redirected.  Have you come across this problem before?
Any hints or directions to an answer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Wendy Reid
Network Administration Team
Army Network and Systems Operations Center (ANSOC)
U.S. Army Signal Command, ATTN: AFSN-NN
Fort Huachuca, AZ  85613-5000
520-538-1247 DSN 879-1247 FAX 520-538-1232
[email-masked]