Subject: Re: SMIME conformance specs

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 11:38:18 -0400

Piers:

Greeting old friend.

The S/MIME WG has not generated such a document.  However, RFC 2632 and RFC 
2633 do offer some advice on some of the issues.

Russ

At 12:19 PM 01/20/2000 +0000, Piers Chivers wrote:
>Hi,
>Are there any publicly available docs that describe the conformance
>requirements for a PKIX/SMIME compliant messaging client?
>
>I know that the SMIME RFCs detail the protocol requirements for a conforming
>app but I was thinking at the level of
>"A conforming client must indicate to the user when a message fails a
>signature validation" or "A user must be able to encrypt and/or sign an
>outgoing message".
>
>Thanks,
>Piers