Subject: WTLS Certificate format....

From: [email-masked] (A.Lakshminarayanan)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 17:33:17 +0800 (SGT)

Hi, 

	I am looking for specs on the WTLS Certificate format. Is it 
publicly available? Is it similar to the format specified by the PKIX 
working group? Are there any similarities? 

Cheers
Lux 

Kent Ridge Digital Labs
Singapore

---

From: "Rene G. Eberhard (keyon)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 22:41:44 +0200

> working group? Are there any similarities? 

Take a look at http://www.wapforum.org/what/technical.htm and read the 
latest WTLS document. You may also take a look at www.freecerts.com
which offers free WAP certificates for testing purposes.

We also offer a public accessible WTLS secured WAPGateway for
testing purposes. We run our keyon / WTLSGateway with kannel 
as WAP Gateway on our internet server at 194.148.57.155. 
The Nokia 7110 will connect secure just fine and you can download 
the root certificate at www.freecerts.com. Note that you cannot 
"escape" our web server but you can display the security parameters 
of the connection which is quite interesting. This does also work 
with the Nokia 1.3b 7110 simulator btw. I hope your firewall (if 
there's any) supports UDP maskerading for accessing our services....

Kind regards

	Rene Eberhard

--
Rene G. Eberhard <[email-masked]>
keyon
Herrenberg 35, CH-8640 Rapperswil, Switzerland
Phone +41 (0)55 220 71 63, Fax +41 (0)55 220 71 61
www.keyon.ch - applying security to your e-business

Get your WAP certificate for free: www.freecerts.com