Subject: TSP-09

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 14:44:50 +0200

I took advantage of a pause on the mailing list about TSP, to post a
new draft now available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-time-stamp-09.txt

The main reason to issue a new draft was to correct the syntax of
PKIStatus which was missing one line, i.e. statusString 
PKIFreeText  OPTIONAL, :-(

At the same time, the following changes have been made:

Turn some "shall" into "SHALL".

Modifications to say that a modified Token may be returned when the
status is one (grantedWithMods), e.g. when some extensions have been
incorporated in a way that is slightly different from the request.
The status 6 (KeyUpdateWarning) has been deleted since it bears a
different meaning in CMP and cannot be returned in our case.

Modification of the sentence about multiple private signature keys
in section 2.3. to get the following:

"A TSA MAY have distinct private keys, e.g. to accommodate different
policies, different algorithms, different private key sizes or to
increase the performance."

As supported by Steve Kent and some others, the current text to
specify that the private key MUST not be used for any other purpose
has been maintained. 

Peter Sylvester noticed that (in version 8) I changed in the module, 
extensions            [0] Extensions  OPTIONAL
with 
extensions            [0] IMPLICIT Extensions  OPTIONAL
but I forgot do do it as well in the text. I will fix it.

It is now time to send this document to the IESG. There are still
opportunities to make minor changes to the document when it becomes
a Standard, at least six months after it becomes Proposed Standard.

Denis