Subject: comments on draft-ietf-pkix-ldap-schema-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:18:15 -0400

Greetings,

Section 2:
----------
I would prefer that the phrase "use the subschemasubentry attribute in the 
root DSE" be changed to "use the subschemasubentry attribute from the 
namingContext entry which is found in the root DSE".

Section 3.2:
------------
In the BNF for "GeneralName", a single whitespace character appears (e.g. 
"rfc822 +").  Was this intentional?  It seems out of place/misleading.

Editor's note on AuthorityKeyIdentifier:
----------------------------------------
Seems to me that authority issuer name and authority certificate serial 
number could be useful.

Section 4.1:
------------
In the BNF for "CertificateListExactAssertion", the "$" after "Time" is 
OPTIONAL, correct?  It should only be needed if "DistributionPointName" is 
specified, I think.

Section 5 - ISSUE:
------------------
I am not qualified to provide an opinion on this one.

Section 5.3.2 - first Editor's note:
------------------------------------
I would like to see attribute type names (not just OIDs) be allowed.

Section 5.3.2 - second Editor's note:
-------------------------------------
I would find 5.3.9 Time Specification Match to be useful.  I don't have 
experience with the others.

Regards,
Tim Hahn

Internet: [email-masked]
Internal: Timothy Hahn/Endicott/IBM@IBMUS or IBMUSM00(HAHNT)
phone: 607.752.6388     tie-line: 8/852.6388
fax: 607.752.3681