Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-new-part1-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 07:25:17 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate 
                          and CRL Profile
	Author(s)	: R. Housley, W. Ford, W. Polk, D. Solo
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-new-part1-04.txt
	Pages		: 118
	Date		: 07-Feb-01
	
This is the fourth draft of a specification based upon RFC 2459.
When complete, this specification will obsolete RFC 2459.  This
specification includes minor edits and clarifications.  The most
notable departures from RFC 2459 are found in Section 6, Path
Validation.  In RFC 2459, the reader was expected to augment the path
validation algorithm, which concentrated upon policy processing, with
information embedded in earlier sections.  For example, parameter
inheritance is discussed in Section 7, Algorithm Support, and can
certainly affect the validity of a certification path.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-new-part1-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-new-part1-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-new-part1-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.