Subject: Software engineer

From: Kian Haghdad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 00:30:19 -0500

Hi:

I have got your email from the Web site and I am very interested in working for your company. I 
have a BS in Electrical Engineering and computer science and worked on my Master degree 
in Telecommunication engineering (not finished due to the lucrative market!). I have also 7++ 
years of experience with software development, Internet development and hardware. I have 
worked for many companies both in Iran and in the United States using different development 
environments.
I am looking for a position which utilizes my experience. I am open to both Permanent position 
or contract to permanent positions.

I am Canadian resident and have permission to work in Canada.
I have attached my resume and sincerely appreciate your attention, thank you.

Sincerely,

Kian Haghdad

Here is my resume:
Kian Haghdad
8 Kingsbridge Crt., Apt. 508 
Toronto, Ontario M2R 1L5
Home: (416) 630-7066
Fax:  (416) 630-7991
Email: [email-masked]

I have more than 7+ years of experience in application development, Database Management, 
Internet development. I have also been involved in hardware design. My software 
development experience is mainly in Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual J++, Visual InterDev, 
COM, DCOM, MFC, SDKs, MS-Access, MS-SQL, FoxPro,
Java script and VB script. Over the years I have been responsible for the 
Development of many applications from design to commercial release.

EDUCATION:

Sharif University OF Technology, Tehran (The best technical school in Iran)	9/87-6/92
B.S. Degree: Electrical Engineering and computer science
Worked on M.S. degree in Telecommunication engineering

EXPERIENCE:

01Communique, Mississauga, Ontario	12/00-Present
Involved in the development of a web supported version of the communicating Interface
using Active Server Pages, JavaScript, VB Script and browser compatibility, Visual C++6.0,
Borland C++, MSMQ, TCP/IP. 
Application increases the Modem compatibility for the wide variety of connections.
It also provides additional capabilities for the desktop version on the web.

American SkySat, Walnut Creek, California	5/00-Present
* Involved in the development of a web application in Visual InterDev 6.0 using Active Server 
Pages (ASP), Microsoft E-Commerce, SQL 7.0, XML, Visual C++ 6.0 and Visual Basic 6.0, 
Visual J++ 6.0, COM (ATL), DCOM, JavaScript and VB Script. The web server was Microsoft 
Internet Information Server (IIS), Microsoft site server 3.0, with Microsoft E-Commerce edition 
3.0 and FrontPage extension running under the NT Server The web application provides NT 
related services online. The user can register and buy services and also allows the user to 
troubleshoot and configure a system at real time online. The web site also provides the 
capability of chatting online, customer support online, statistical analysis online and transaction 
online.

* Developed a database management application for a medical health care center, using 
Visual Basic 6.0, SQL 7.0, Crystal report and Access 2000. (Windows 98 and NT)

American Computech, Pleasanton, California	3/98-5/00
Developed different applications using Visual C++, Visual J++, and Access.

* Involved in the development of a CRM (Customer Relation Management)web application in 
Visual InterDev 6.0 using Active Server Pages (ASP), Microsoft E-Commerce, SQL 7.0, XML, 
Visual Basic 6.0, Visual J++ 6.0, COM, DCOM, JavaScript and VB Script. (Windows 98 and 
NT)

Developed an application in Visual Basic 5.0, Access 97 and Crystal reports (using ODBC) for 
financial analyses department of FHP (Concord, California). The application is capable of 
importing data from other systems, analyzing and processing the data and generating hundreds 
of reports base on the original data.

*Developed an MDI application in Visual C++5,0 and Access 97 for windows called ID maker. 
The application is designed to drive a digital camera, capture a picture and generate different 
ID cards using OLE (marketing for schools and clubs). The Cannon digital camera is controlled 
via DLL functions calls to the camera's driver. The camera is connected via a parallel port. I 
have also developed several OCXs for this project.

Developed an application in Visual Basic 5.0, Access 97 and Crystal reports (using ODBC). 
The application is a very large information management system for CBI (City Building Inc. in 
San Francisco). The application contains 28 relational tables large number of queries forms 
and reports.

Tavanir Co., Tehran, Iran	9/95-3/98
*Developed an application in Visual C++ 5.0 intended for network control managements. The 
application is able to get information such as voltage, active and reactive power from power 
plants and transmission stations and specifies transmission state using power flow method after 
a fault occurs on the transmission line. 

* Developed an application for voltage drop on the net. The application was developed in 
Visual Basic 5.0 using graphical OCXs.

* Developed hardware for the high voltage network.

*Developed an application in Visual C++ 4.0. The application checks the transmitting power on 
the lines and controls the system's steady state by alarm system.

*Developed an application in Visual C++ 4.0 set the protection relays in substations to protect 
the network's reliability.

Pishro Co., Tehran, Iran	11/94-6/95
Designed, developed and implemented electrical systems using computer aided software. The 
electrical systems were intended for both indoors (Buildings) and outdoors (Airports and 
Terminals).
The systems were designed and based on the standard and regulation of electrical system.

Pardis Tower Co, Tehran, Iran	1/93-11/94
Designed simulators for training purpose.
*Developed an application in  C++ for  cycloconvertor simulator. The  
cycloconvertor is used in the starters of synchronous motors.
*Developed application using C++  for control speed of  DC motors. The application
 gets input voltage to the motor, speed of motor and rotor's current. It can control
 the motor speed based on requested speed.
*Developed application using C++ for step motor's control speed. In order to change the angle 
of dish antenna, the application orders to step motor to change the rotor's situation.

SKILLS:
Software development
Visual C++, Visual Basic, Visual InterDev, Visual J++, MFC, SDKs, COM, DCOM, ATL ActiveXs 
, C++, Fortran, Intel  8085 Assembler Access.
Internet development
Visual InterDev 6.0, Active Server Pages (ASP), SQL 7.0, COM, DCOM, Java script. 
Database development
MS-SQL, Access, FoxPro
Operating System Used
NT, MS-Win, UNIX, VAX, MS-DOS