Subject: RE: Updates to CMC draft.

From: "David Cross" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 18:34:28 -0700

Jim:

One item - 

5.6  Transaction Management Control Attributes

   The transactionId attribute identifies a given transaction.  It is
   used between client and server to manage the state of an operation.
   Clients MAY include a transactionID attribute in request messages.
   If the original request contains a transactionID attribute, all
   subsequent request and response messages MUST include the same
   transactionID attribute.  A server MUST use only transactionIds in
   the outermost PKIdata object. TransactionIds on inner PKIdata objects
   are for intermediate entities.

I think some clarification is in order for what the server SHOULD do.
It is implied because the client MAY include the transactionID, but does
cause some confusion for those reading for compliance.

David B. Cross

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Schaad [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2001 2:27 PM
To: IETF-PKIX (E-mail)
Subject: Updates to CMC draft.

I have released a new CMC draft to the mailing list. This message
details the main changes in the draft from the RFC.

1.  A new success/failure status structure has been defined to allow for
secondary protocols to add new failure codes.  This was found
necessary/desirable when creating the Symmetric Key Distribution draft
in the S/MIME working group.

2.  A number of typos, edits and some unclear language was updated based
on the mail messages that I have received.

jim