Subject: Re: Open issue: requester identifier in DPV response

From: Peter Sylvester <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:12:10 +0200 (MET DST)

Tim Gindin reminded me that I didn't respond to his mail
from April 16 where he suggested to add the word 'claimed'
to create "requester's claimed identity" allowing the
a server to honour or not the information before returning
it. 

I would accept this way to formulate the requirement.

---

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:45:34 +0200

Peter,

> I would accept this way to formulate the requirement.

The text fix that has been proposed is as follows:

" When the request is authenticated, the requestor SHOULD be able, upon
request, to indicate an identifier to be included in the response. 
How this identifier is matched with the authenticated identity depends 
on local server conditions and/or the validation policy. The server 
MAY choose to refuse to include an identifier in the response, or MAY 
refuse to create a response." 

I do not see that there is a need to add "claimed" in it.

Denis