Subject: Re: Where does the certificate go

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 14:50:05 -0600

the RA/CA authority ... typically saves the original of the certificate it
has created in a local administration file. Frequently then a CA  either 1)
mails a copy of the certificate to the requester ... as an email attachment
or 2) mails the requester a notification ... giving a URL where the
requester can retrieve the a copy of the certificate.

certificates may also be compressed especially in the case where a RA/CA is
also the relying party (except for the SSL domain name certificates ... a
large percentage of the certificates issued are by relying parties).

For relying party certificates, a certificate can frequently be compressed
to zero bytes before sending to the requesting party.

random relying-party postings ....
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm8.htm#softpki4 Software for PKI
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm8.htm#softpki8 Software for PKI
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm8.htm#softpki9 Software for PKI
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm8.htm#softpki11 Software for PKI
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm8.htm#softpki19 DNSSEC (RE: Software for
PKI)
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm9.htm#softpki23 Software for PKI
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm9.htm#carnivore Shades of FV's Nathaniel
Borenstein: Carnivore's "Magic Lantern"
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm9.htm#pkcs12d A PKI Question: PKCS11->
PKCS12
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm9.htm#cfppki CFP: PKI research workshop
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm9.htm#cfppki5 CFP: PKI research workshop
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm9.htm#cfppki9 CFP: PKI research workshop
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2000.html#36 "Trusted" CA - Oxymoron?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2000.html#40 "Trusted" CA - Oxymoron?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2000.html#41 "Trusted" CA - Oxymoron?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2000b.html#40 general questions on SSL
certificates
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2000b.html#93 Question regarding authentication
implementation
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2000e.html#41 Why trust root CAs ?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2000f.html#15 Why trust root CAs ?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001c.html#56 PKI and Non-repudiation
practicalities
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001c.html#57 PKI and Non-repudiation
practicalities
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001c.html#58 PKI and Non-repudiation
practicalities
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001c.html#60 PKI and Non-repudiation
practicalities
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001c.html#72 PKI and Non-repudiation
practicalities
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001c.html#79 Q: ANSI X9.68 certificate format
standard
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001d.html#7 Invalid certificate on 'security'
site.
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001d.html#20 What is PKI?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001e.html#35 Can I create my own SSL key?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001e.html#46 Can I create my own SSL key?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001f.html#77 FREE X.509 Certificates
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001f.html#79 FREE X.509 Certificates
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001g.html#40 Self-Signed Certificate
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001g.html#64 PKI/Digital signature doesn't
work
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001g.html#65 PKI/Digital signature doesn't
work
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001g.html#68 PKI/Digital signature doesn't
work
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001h.html#0 PKI/Digital signature doesn't work
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001h.html#3 PKI/Digital signature doesn't work
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001h.html#7 PKI/Digital signature doesn't work
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001i.html#16 Net banking, is it safe???
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001k.html#0 Are client certificates really
secure?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001n.html#57 Certificate Authentication Issues
in IE and Verisign
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001n.html#73 A PKI question and an  answer
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2002d.html#39 PKI Implementation
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2002e.html#49 PKI and Relying Parties
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2002e.html#56 PKI and Relying Parties
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2002e.html#72 Digital certificate varification

                         "osamafarook"                                                
                    <osamafarook@hotma     To:      <[email-masked]>               
                               il.com>     cc:                                        
                              Sent by:     Subject:      Where does the certificate   
                    owner-ietf-pkix@ma        go                                      
                            il.imc.org                                                

                      04/14/2002 08:39                                                
                                    AM                                                

Welcome
I work in a graduation project " Building CA server"
I want to know Where does the certificate go after it issued  by CA server?
Is it being sent to user as a file?
or what?
Thank you.