Subject: Future of OCSP V2

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:23:52 +0200

Hi PKIXers,

I would like to know what is the future of OCSP V2,
since the last draft has already expired and I couldn t find any recent document about it. I m not following the discussions on this list, so excuse the fact that I may have missed something. So
-Will there be an OCSP V2 protocol?
-If yes will it be VERY different from the (expired) draft currently available?
-If no what will happen with DPD and DPV? Will they possibly be defined as independant protocols?

Thank you

WY

______________________________________________________________________________
Für alle, die nicht genug WEB.DE bekommen können. 100 MB Speicher, SMS Preisvorteil 
und noch mehr Kommunikation unter http://club.web.de/?mc=021101

---

From: "Michael Myers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:26:08 -0700

The OCSPv2 I-D will be updated and submitted for the WG's
consideration now that the DPV and DPD requirements work appears
to be coming to a close.  It didn't make much sense to update it
while the requirements were in flux.

By the way, the only v2-ness about OCSPv2 has to do with the
expansion of the certificate identification syntax to
accomodate, among other options, the full certificate or a
certificate hash.  The extensions for DPV and DPD, which were
always there even before all this hoo-hah started, can work
equally well within the v1 framework, at least to the extent the
v1 certID structure is acceptable.

The definition of these extensions will of course be amended
according the released version of the requirements document.  A
premliminary analysis against the -03 requirements showed that
very little if any change will be needed.

Of course, discussions concerning their acceptability as the
technical path forward will doubtless prove lively.

Mike

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 7:24 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Future of OCSP V2
>
>
>
> Hi PKIXers,
>
> since the last draft has already expired and I couldn
> t find any recent document about it. I m not
> following the discussions on this list, so excuse the
> fact that I may have missed something. So
> -If no what will happen with DPD and DPV? Will they
> possibly be defined as independant protocols?
>
> Thank you
>
> WY
>