Subject: draft-ietf-pkix-warranty-extn-01

From: "Alice Sturgeon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 08:44:25 -0400

Hi folks,
The revised draft on certificate warranty extension was issued to the list
last week, addressing the first round of comments, and there have been no
comments back.  Is everyone satisfied with it now, with the revisions?  I
know some were not thrilled with the I-D but decided they could live with
it, given it is optional.  Some also thought it was more a legal matter -
The I-D was also posted to the ABA list, and received few comments; these
too have been taken into consideration.

Alice Sturgeon
Chair
Canadian Advisory Committee - Information Technology Security
ISO/IEC JTC1 SC 27
and
System Policy Architect
SPYRUS
Phone:     613-232-2350
Cell:         613-291-0331

---

From: Juergen Brauckmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 15:15:27 +0200

Hi.

How should extendedWarranty be used? Perhaps you can give an example? 

Format of the currency field in CurrencyAmount: There is at least one
standard ("ETSI qualified certificate profile") I know of which
recommends use of a PrintableString and the alphabetic code from ISO
4217. 

The example in chapter 2.2 is wrong:
 "$48,525.50 (in US dollars) is represented as:
     currency =      840
     amount   =  4852550
     amtExp10 =        2"

That's wrong. 4852550 * (10 ** 2) is 485,255,000. I guess you wanted to
say that amtExp10 is -2, but you cannot do that because it has to be >=
0.

Regards,
   Juergen