Subject: Certification Path Validation Algorithm in RFC3280

From: "kim hk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 08:32:51 +0000

hi!
I read RFC3280 document following by RFC2459.
New certification path validation algorithm is present in this document.
It is very much changed comparing to RFC2459 algorithm.

We are still using path validation algorithm supplied in RFC2459.

Is there any problem if we keep RFC2459 algorithm ?
What advantage of using RFC3280 algorithm ? 

Thank you. 

Regards.

_________________________________________________________________
http://messenger.msn.co.kr에서 MSN Messenger를 다운로드하여 온라인 상에 있는
 친구와 대화를 나누세요.

---

From: "Housley, Russ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 15:03:52 -0400

From RFC 3280 itself:

       * To promote interoperable implementations, a detailed algorithm
       for certification path validation is included in section 6.1 of
       this specification; RFC 2459 provided only a high-level
       description of path validation.

       * An algorithm for determining the status of a certificate using
       CRLs is provided in section 6.3 of this specification.  This
       material was not present in RFC 2459.

Russ

At 08:32 AM 5/21/2002 +0000, kim hk wrote:

>http://messenger.msn.co.kr¿¡¼ MSN Messenger¸¦ ´Ù¿î·ÎµåÇÏ¿© ¿Â¶óÀÎ »ó¿¡ ÀÖ´Â
>Ä£±¸¿Í ´ëÈ­¸¦ ³ª´©¼¼¿ä.