Subject: RE: Proxy PKI.

From: Trevor Perrin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 11:03:37 -0700

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for tolerating me this far, I'll withdraw.  I enjoy these
discussions, I'd be happy to continue in a more appropriate forum or offline
if anyone's interested..

Trevor

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Kent [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 3:52 PM
To: Trevor Perrin
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Proxy PKI.

Trevor,

The model you propose may be appropriate for some set of 
circumstances, and for some forms of PKI-enabled applications. But, 
it is does not match the semantics usually associated with X.509 nor 
PKIX. This becomes increasingly apparent as you continue your 
explanations. There have been other PKI models proposed, e.g., SPKI, 
and you are free to develop a model based on the notions you espouse, 
but I do not envision PKIX making changes to our standards to 
accommodate what you propose.

Steve