Subject: Re: certificate viewer for linux

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:01:45 +1200 (NZST)

Geoffrey Elgey <[email-masked]> writes:

>Sorry, no GUI tools here, but I thought I would share some info on the two
>certificate dumping tools that I cannot live without.
>
>The first is Peter Guttman's dumpasn1 at
>http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/, which is excellent for checking ASN.1
>values and offsets. Everyone should know about this.

There's a (Win32) GUI version of this being worked on by someone else, I'll add
a link to it from my home page when it's released.

Peter.

---

From: "Peter Hesse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:32:20 -0400

Although I wasn't the individual that contacted Peter previously about this,
I figured I should go ahead and let everyone know that Gemini Security
Solutions has released a Windows GUI version of the DumpASN1 tool for free
download from our website.  It supports viewing, copy-paste, and printing of
any ASN.1 encoded object.

The application is available from
http://www.geminisecurity.com/guidumpasn.html and feedback is always
welcome.

--Peter

+---------------------------------------------------------------+
| Peter Hesse                    [email-masked]     |
| Phone: (703)934-2031         Gemini Security Solutions, Inc.  |
| ICQ: 1942828                     www.geminisecurity.com       |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+
"Pay no attention to what the critics say; there has never been
a statue set up in honor of a critic." --Jean Sibelius

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Peter Gutmann
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 12:02 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: certificate viewer for linux

>values and offsets. Everyone should know about this.

There's a (Win32) GUI version of this being worked on by someone else, I'll
add
a link to it from my home page when it's released.

Peter.