Subject: certificate viewer for linux

From: af Lamei <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 00:37:50 -0700 (PDT)

hi,

I want to have a certificate viewer for linux. It's prefered to be GUI. Can anybody help me to find it? 

regards,

af 

---------------------------------
Do You Yahoo!?
HotJobs, a Yahoo! service - Search Thousands of New Jobs

---

From: "Ed Greshko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:21:33 +0800

Hi,

  I want to have a certificate viewer for linux. It's prefered to be GUI.
Can anybody help me to find it?

Have you checked out http://www.iit.edu/~gawojar/ldap/features.html ?

Ed

---

From: Geoffrey Elgey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:24:13 +1000

G'day,

> Can anybody help me to find it?

Sorry, no GUI tools here, but I thought I would share some info on the 
two certificate dumping tools that I cannot live without.

The first is Peter Guttman's dumpasn1 at 
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/, which is excellent for checking 
ASN.1 values and offsets. Everyone should know about this.

The second is a quick hack I developed as part of my company's uPKI 
product. It's called dumpasn1obj, which is a bit lame, but Peter had 
already taken dumpasn1 :-)

It may be useful for anyone doing PKI work if they need to dump certs, 
crls, extensions, PFX's, PKCS#10's, etc and associate names with values, 
rather than offsets.

It also allows you to extract "parts" of the value, such as 
"toBeSigned.issuer" or "toBeSigned.extensions[critical=true]", which I 
think is a pretty cool (though in practice mostly useless) feature :-)

A man page is at 
http://www.wedgetail.com/upki/doc/man/man1/dumpasn1obj.html, if you want 
to look at some uses. It's pretty much an alpha until I finalize the 
text encoding/decoding rules for a future release.

The tool is included as part of the uPKI evaluation binaries from 
www.wedgetail.com/upki. I'm not sure if it will ever be freely available 
though, but that's out of my hands :-(

Hope someone likes it.

Cheers,
Geoff