Subject: rfc822name Name Constraints question

From: Anne Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:19:06 -0400 (EDT)

RFC3280 describes how name constraints for "Internet mail
addresses" may be specified, but is unclear on a few points:

1. If the NameConstraint is "[email-masked]", does that include
   "[email-masked]"?
2. Can "@xyz.com" be used to match all mail addresses at
   "xyz.com" but not addresses at "abc.xyz.com?
3. The paragraph says the constraint "xyz.com" is satisfied by
   "any mail address at the host "xyz.com", and ".xyz.com" is
   satisfied by an address within the domain xyz.com, but not
   xyz.com itself.  How then do I specify all addresses in the
   domain xyz.com AND xyz.com itself?

Anne Anderson
-- 
Anne H. Anderson             Email: [email-masked]
Sun Microsystems Laboratories
1 Network Drive,UBUR02-311     Tel: 781/442-0928
Burlington, MA 01803-0902 USA  Fax: 781/442-1692