Subject: Certificate Path Validation - criticality indicator

From: Peter Sylvester <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:50:14 +0200 (MET DST)

hi all,

Since one starts a new discussion about 3280, I repeat some
comment that I had send to the editors some time ago. 

Tt seems to me that the treatmeant of the criticality
indicator in the basic validation algorithm is a useless.
As far as I see, the field is never tested at all in the 
algorithm. 

Peter

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:55:05 +1200 (NZST)

Peter Sylvester <[email-masked]> writes:

>Tt seems to me that the treatmeant of the criticality indicator in the basic
>validation algorithm is a useless. As far as I see, the field is never tested
>at all in the algorithm.

It must be done that way for Windows compatibility :-).

Peter.