Subject: FW: [OASIS members] XACML public review

From: Hal Lockhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 18:15:38 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Best [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 11:58 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [OASIS members] XACML public review

On behalf of the co-chairs of the TC, I am pleased to announce that the 
OASIS eXtensible Access Control Markup Language (XACML) Technical 
Committee has voted unanimously to approve its XACML 1.0 document as a 
Committee Specification.

The XACML TC also voted to begin the process of moving the specification 
to an OASIS Standard by initiating a 30-day public review period with 
respect to the XACML 1.0 Committee Specification, in accordance with 
Section 2 of the OASIS Technical Committee Process document 
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.shtml).

The public review period extends from
      Friday, November 8, 2002, until
      Sunday, December 8, 2002 (inclusive).

The specification and accompanying schema documents may be found at
 
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xacml/repository/cs-xacml-core-01.doc
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xacml/repository/cs-xacml-schema-policy
-01.xsd
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xacml/repository/cs-xacml-schema-contex
t-01.xsd

or from the XACML Web site at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xacml

Comments are welcome and encouraged from all interested parties. 
Comments should be submitted to the XACML comment list at 
[email-masked].

(OASIS comment lists no longer require subscription, but you will be 
required by the mail server to return a token to confirm your message.)

-Karl

=================================================================
Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
+1 978.667.5115 x206
[email-masked]  http://www.oasis-open.org

----------------------------------------------------------------
To subscribe or unsubscribe from this elist use the subscription
manager: <http://lists.oasis-open.org/ob/adm.pl>

---

From: "Anders Rundgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 03:46:48 +0100

FW: [OASIS members] XACML public reviewHal,
You are not supposed to post XML-related stuff in the PKIX-list as it is dedicated to worship of an ancient language called ASN.1 :-)

I guess XACML is yet another stab at the already dead x.509 AC?

cheers,
Anders
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Hal Lockhart 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2002 00:15
  Subject: FW: [OASIS members] XACML public review

  -----Original Message----- 
  From: Karl Best [mailto:[email-masked]] 
  Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 11:58 AM 
  To: [email-masked]; [email-masked] 
  Subject: [OASIS members] XACML public review 

    
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xacml/repository/cs-xacml-core-01.doc 
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xacml/repository/cs-xacml-schema-policy-01.xsd 
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xacml/repository/cs-xacml-schema-context-01.xsd 

  -Karl