Subject: Re: TSP interoperability testing

From: tho <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:05:56 +0100

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 03:02:30PM +0100, Denis Pinkas wrote:
> Thomas (and all the TSP list)
> 
> On January 8, I thanked you for taking the lead of the testing, but until
> now, I have not seen any result, according to RFC 2026.

Denis, I've posted the first tranche of results with regard to my test vector 
on Jan 10 (i.e. iaik, sia, datum, c&a, politecnico di torino, edelweb).

Very little feedback I have seen.

on Jan 17 I've posted the results of cryptoapps implementation's testing and 
in that occasion I've also asked questions that weren't never answered - in 
particular the one about an available (non-buggy) CMS verfier without which 
it is not possible to test the very heart of the protocol.
(the problem being the id-ct-TSTInfo eContentType which is not supported by 
the entirety of CMS client software in my hard disk)

I have been active in the last months in trying to weave the web between the
TSP implementers, in testing (and feedbacking about that) a number of client 
and server implementations, but unfortunately it seems it has not been much
useful...

> On February 18, I have sent a table for helping, but until now, no one has
> indicated that he had started to fill in the matrix.

<polemic>
it seems you are suffering the same problem I've experienced ;-)
</polemic>

joking aside, without a CMS verifier I can't complete the testing activity
but self-certifying my TSP server implementation (i.e. I temporarily break
rfc3161 specs by replacing id-ct-TSTInfo with id-Data in my server's code 
just to verify the signature upon TSTInfo).

If you are interested in an incomplete testing documentation or in a 
*self-certified* one I can for sure send you my results.

Regards, Thomas
--