Subject: RE: PrintableString not usable tigether with OCSP?

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 19:04:07 +1300 (NZDT)

"Ambarish Malpani" <[email-masked]> writes:

>While I agree with the overall statement that using memcmp is the best way of
>checking for DN equality, there are folks that are using non-ascii characters
>in certs - in particular there are a lot of certs using Kanji in Japan.

Why would that not work with memcmp()?

Peter.

---

From: "Ambarish Malpani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 07:21:40 -0800

memcmp() would work fine for Kanji. I was addressing the part of
the mail which said that people were hardly using non-ascii
characters.

A

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Ambarish Malpani                                         650.759.9045
Malpani Consulting Services                      [email-masked]
http://www.malpani.biz

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Peter Gutmann [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 10:04 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: PrintableString not usable tigether with OCSP?
> 
>