Subject: Re: [TSP] PKIStatus constants clarification

From: Peter Sylvester <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 14:22:00 +0100 (MET)

> 
> And if there is no reason/rationale for them to exist, or if the rationale 
> is no longer valid, I'd just like the spec being purged.  Am I asking too 
> much ?

I second the approach for cleanup and clarification of the spec.

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 15:36:11 +1300

tho <[email-masked]> writes:

>I do HTTP, as well a minimized version of the Socket Based Protocol, i.e.:
>client sends tsaMsg and the TSA responds with a finalMsgRep. That's all, no
>other code (partialMsgRep and friends) is allowed.

I just do a memcpy() of fixed values in there.  I suspect a number of others
do this as well since judging by some of the oddities I've seen in there other
people aren't encoding anything either but just dropping in magic strings to
satisfy the spec.

>But since these strange codes actually stay in the spec, I'd like to know
>what they are for.

I think you just have to accept that there's a certain amount of weirdness in
there that doesn't make any sense, so you shrug and accept it.  The point of
my previous message was to point out where some of the weirdness is, so you
don't spend too much time over it.  There are better things to do with your
Christmas break :-).

Peter.