Subject: Draft Agenda for PKIX

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 22:05:29 -0500

Folks,

Here is the draft agenda for the PKIX meeting.  I believe I have accomodated 
all requests for a time slot.  If I missed your, please contact me ASAP.  In 
theory, we have twenty minutes of unused time.  However, I back loaded the 
agenda with the directory discussions.  If history serves, that is sure to 
consume the remaining time!

Thanks,

Tim Polk

--------------------Draft Agenda for PKIX at the 56th IETF-----------------

PKIX WG (pkix-wg)

THURSDAY, March 20, 2003 0900-1130
=================================

CHAIR: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>, Tim Polk <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

1. Document Status Review Tim Polk (NIST)
      The working group has thirty two Internet-Drafts.  A number of 
      documents are with the ADs or in various stages of WG Last Call.
      Several others are ready for Last Call. (5 min.)

2. Delegated Path Discovery & Validation (DPD/DPV)

      The working group has completed the DPD/DPV Requirements document;
      this specification has become RFC 3379.  The requirements document was
      developed as baseline for evaluation of competing proposals.  The
      evaluation is complete and SCVP has been selected as the PKIX DPD/DPV
      protocol  (25 min. - 5 min. strawpoll, 15 min. SCVP, 5 min. discussion)

      2.1 DPD/DPV Protocol Selection    Tim Polk 
        
           The WG co-chairs selected SCVP as the PKIX protocol for DPD/DPV
           based on a strawpoll of the WG, along with evidence of compliance
           to the requirements stated in 3379.

      2.2 Simple Certificate Validation Protocol   Trevor Freeman (MicroSoft)

         http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-11.txt

           An additional draft of SCVP is expected to achieve full
           compliance with RFC 3379.  Analysis posted to the list suggests
           a list of possible open issues based on the compliance matrix.
           These issues will be addressed, then WG Last Call will commence.

      2.3 Open Mike Discussion DPD/DPV Protocols

3. Proxy Certificate Profile - Von Welch (Univ. of Chicago)

      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-proxy-04.txt

      Use of a proxy credential for impersonation is a common technique used in
      security systems, allowing an entity A to grant to another entity B the
      right for B to authenticate with others as if it were A.  This document
      defines a certificate profile for proxy credentials based on RFC 3280.
      (10 min.)

4. Attribute Certificate Policy extension - Christopher Francis (WetStone)

      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-acpolicies-extn-
02.txt

      This document defines an attribute certificate policy extension, which is
      an analog to the certificate policies extension for public key 
certificates.
      This extension can be used to assert the policy governing issuance of the
      attribute certificate in which it appears. (10 min.)

5.  Trusted Archive Protocol - Carl Wallace (Cygnacom)

      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-tap-00.txt

      A Trusted Archive Authority (TAA) is a service that supports long-
      term non-repudiation by maintaining secure storage of 
      cryptographically refreshed information.  This document defines a set 
      of transactions for interacting with a Trusted Archive Authority 
      (TAA) and establishes a means of representing archived information.
      (10 min.)

6.  RFC 3039bis Qualified Certificates Update - Stefan Santesson (Retrospekt)

      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-sonof3039-00.txt

      An update to RFC 3039, Qualified Certificate Profile, has been submitted.
      The presentation will describe the proposed modifications and the 
supporting
      rationale for those changes.  (10 min.)

7.  RFC 3280 Interoperability Testing Report - Tim Polk (NIST)

      NIST is currently performing the interoperability testing for RFC 3280.
      This presentation will update the WG on NIST's progress, projected
      completion date, and issues identified to date.  (5 min.)

8.  European Open Standards for Electronic Signatures: the EESSI
                                             - Riccardo Genghini (SG&A)

      The European Elctronic Signature Standardization Initiative (EESSI) is an
      industry initiative in Support of the European Directive on Electronic
      Signatures.  EESSI is entering the maintenance phase for their 
specifications,
      and would like to factor feedback from the technical experts in PKIX into
      their evolution. (10 min.)

9. Multi Domian PKI Test Suite -- the result of JNSA Challenge PKI 2002
                                                          Ryu Inada (JNSA)

      The Japan Network Security Association conducted JNSA Challenge PKI 2002.
      One of the results was a Multi-Domain PKI Test Suite.  This presentation
      will include a brief demonstration of the test suite. (10 min.)

10. Maximizing Alignment Between X.500 and LDAP - Skip Slone (Lockheed Martin)

      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-slone-ldap-x500-align-00.txt 

      This personal draft is intended to provide information of interest to 
      developers of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) specifications
      and products.  It is intended to provide background information and to
      facilitate discussion within IETF Working Groups, most notably LDAPbis.
      This presentation will focus on the alignment of features used when
      supporting PKI (10 min.)

11. LDAP: Schemas, String Values, and more - David Chadwick (Univ of Salford)
                                 Kurt Zeilenga, co-chair of LDAPbis (OpenLDAP)

      LDAP is a critical technology for distribution of certificates and CRLs,
      but there are interoperability issues when used to support PKIX
      implementations. Some functional requirements (e.g., directory searches 
      based on certificate contents) remain unmet.  Some of these problems
      need to be resolved in the PKIX WG; others are in the LDAPbis WG problem
      space.  We have a number of unresolved issues to discuss including scope 
      of work for the LDAP PKI schema, matching rules, and string values for DN
      attributes.  The presentation will include the options for PKIX, along
      with recommendations from LDAPbis. (25 min.)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:49:25 -0500

Folks,

Here is an updated agenda for tomorrow's meeting.

Thanks,

Tim Polk

--------------------Uopdated Agenda for PKIX at the 56th IETF-----------------

PKIX WG (pkix-wg) 

AGENDA: 

         

4. Specifying Uses for a Public Key - Jim Schaad (Soaring Hawk)

      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-rsa-pkalgs-00.txt 

      This supplement to RFC 3279 describes conventions for using the
      RSASSA-PSS signature algorithm, the RSAES-OAEP key transport algorithm,
      and additional one-way hash functions for RSA PKCS #1 v1.5 signatures
      in the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).  Issues regarding
      the specification of possible key uses have emerged during discussion
      of this document. (10 min.) 

5. Attribute Certificate Policy extension - Christopher Francis (WetStone) 

6.  Trusted Archive Protocol - Carl Wallace (Cygnacom) 

7.  RFC 3039bis Qualified Certificates Update - Stefan Santesson (Retrospekt) 

8. Maximizing Alignment Between X.500 and LDAP - Skip Slone (Lockheed Martin) 

      supporting PKI (5 min.) 

9.  RFC 3280 Interoperability Testing Report - Tim Polk (NIST) 

10. Subscriber Identification Method - Park Jong-Wook (KISA)

      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-sim-00.txt
	(note: -01 draft will be posted immediately following the meeting)

      This specification defines a technique to resolve situations where one
      entity holds multiple certificates with different subject names. (5 min.)

11.  European Open Standards for Electronic Signatures: the EESSI 
                                             - Riccardo Genghini (SG&A) 

      their evolution. (20 min.) 

12. Multi Domian PKI Test Suite -- the result of JNSA Challenge PKI 2002 
                                                          Ryu Inada (JNSA) 

13. LDAP: Schemas, String Values, and more - David Chadwick (Univ of Salford) 
                                 Kurt Zeilenga, co-chair of LDAPbis (OpenLDAP) 

      Experts from the LDAPbis and PKIX WGs have jointly developed a strategy
      for resolution of remaining LDAPv3-PKIX issues.  This presentation will
      provide an overview of the strategy to the WG.  Additional discussion
      will be held on the list.  (10 min.)