Subject: draft minutes

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:00:40 -0500

Folks,

Attached are the draft minutes from last week's PKIX meeting.  Please 
review them and send comment to me by Wednesday, 3/26.  Also, each 
presenter should send a copy of his slides to me.  I already have 
slides from Riccardo, Jim, Jong-Wook, Trevor, and Stefan.

As noted in the minutes, we will conduct a straw poll, starting now, 
to determine the sense of the WG re initiating a new work item, for 
the trusted archive spec.  The co-chairs approved publication of this 
document as a WG I-D, as it seems like another aspect of PKI 
infrastructure, e.g., it makes use of our time stamp authority 
standard and is an obvious component for NR support. However, given 
the limited support shown at the meeting for pursuing this work, we 
want to revisit this decision before proceeding. Please look at the 
document (draft-ietf-pkix-tap-00.txt) and indicate whether you 
believe this is an appropriate WG activity, or not.

Thanks,

Steve

---

From: Ryu Inada <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:59:07 +0900

Steve.

> slides from Riccardo, Jim, Jong-Wook, Trevor, and Stefan.
I've already send a slide to you and Tim.

But, I'll send you my slide for just to make sure.
--
Ryu Inada
[email-masked]

---

From: Peter Gietz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:54:34 +0100

Sorry to reply to the minutes that late.
In my perspective following half sentence is missing at the end:

 > A quick straw poll indicates that the attendees favor
 > component matching, but the number of attendees voting was
 > very small.
", thus it was decided to take it to the list."

Cheers,

Peter

Stephen Kent wrote:
> presenter should send a copy of his slides to me.  I already have slides 
> from Riccardo, Jim, Jong-Wook, Trevor, and Stefan.
> 
> As noted in the minutes, we will conduct a straw poll, starting now, to 
> determine the sense of the WG re initiating a new work item, for the 
> trusted archive spec.  The co-chairs approved publication of this 
> infrastructure, e.g., it makes use of our time stamp authority standard 
> and is an obvious component for NR support. However, given the limited 
> support shown at the meeting for pursuing this work, we want to revisit 
> this decision before proceeding. Please look at the document 
> (draft-ietf-pkix-tap-00.txt) and indicate whether you believe this is an 
> appropriate WG activity, or not.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Steve

-- 
_______________________________________________________________________

Peter Gietz (CEO)
DAASI International GmbH                phone: +49 7071 2970336
Wilhelmstr. 106                         Fax:   +49 7071 295114
D-72074 Tübingen                        email: 
[email-masked]
Germany                                 Web:   www.daasi.de

Directory Applications for Advanced Security and Information 
Management
_______________________________________________________________________