Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-acpolicies-extn-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 06:48:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Attribute Certificate Policies extension
	Author(s)	: C. Francis, D. Pinkas
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-acpolicies-extn-02.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2003-2-28
	
This document describes one certificate extension to explicitly 
state the Attribute Certificate (AC) policies that apply to a given 
Attribute Certificate.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-acpolicies-extn-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-acpolicies-extn-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-acpolicies-extn-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:48:51 +0100

To the WG,

I have re-issued a new version of the
Attribute Certificate Policies extension document.

The intent is to fully align the content with the equivalent extension
policy for Public Key Certificates (i.e. certificate policies extension,
id-ce-certificatePolicies): the additions that were initially proposed have 
been removed.

You will (certainly) notice that there is an error in the ASN.1 module which 
omits to import the PolicyQualifierId from RFC 3280. This will be corrected 
once the web server is re-opened.

The new OID is proposed in the arc for attribute certificate attributes
id-aca OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { id-pkix 10 }

Denis

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 08:31:46 -0500

Denis:

The document defines an extension, not an attribute.  I have assigned the 
following OID to identify this extension:

    id-pe-acPolicies             OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { id-pe 15 }

Russ

At 01:48 PM 3/3/2003 +0100, Denis Pinkas wrote:

>id-ce-certificatePolicies): the additions that were initially proposed 
>have been removed.
>
>You will (certainly) notice that there is an error in the ASN.1 module 
>which omits to import the PolicyQualifierId from RFC 3280. This will be 
>corrected once the web server is re-opened.
>