Subject: I-D: multi-domain PKI Interoperability

From: Masaki SHIMAOKA <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 23:07:13 +0900

Hi all,

As Ryu said in last IETF meeting, I am writing a Inetenet-Draft for
multi-domain PKI interoperability as a best current practice. This fruit is based on several multi-domain PKI interoperability experiments and documents.
# This is an individual submission.

Here is an abstract of this I-D.

	Title		: Memorandum for multi-domain PKI Interoperability
	Author(s)	: M. Shimaoka
	Filename	: draft-shimaoka-multidomain-pki-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: June 2003

===== Abstract =====
This memo is used to share the awareness necessary to deployment of
multi-domain PKI. Scope of this memo is to establish trust
relationship and interoperability between plural PKI domains.  Both
single-domain PKI and multi-domain PKI are established by the trust
relationships between Certification Authorities (CAs).  Typical and
primitive PKI models are specified as single-domain PKI.  Multi-
domain PKI established by plural single-domain PKI is categorized as
multi-trust point model and single-trust point model. Multi-trust
point model is based on trust list model, and single-trust point
model is based on cross-certification.
===== Abstract =====

The I-D has already published on IETF repository, but I revised several parts after that.
So, please refer the following URLs:
    http://www.jnsa.org/mpki/
    http://www.jnsa.org/mpki/draft-shimaoka-multidomain-pki-00.txt

URL above invites you to our activity for multi-domain PKI
interoperability framework, as you know as what reported in past IETF
meetings.

If you are interested in this, please let me know.
Thanks in advance for any comments.

-----
Masaki SHIMAOKA

SECOM Trust.net
System Engineering Dpt.
Tel: +81 422 91 8493 (ext.3551)
Fax: +81 422 45 0536
e-mail: [email-masked]