Subject: draft agenda - 57th IETF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 08:02:16 -0400

Folks,

Here is the draft agenda for next week's meeting.  Please let me know ASAP if 
you wanted to be on the agenda but were overlooked.

Thanks,

Tim Polk

------------------ draft agenda --------------------------------

PKIX WG (pkix-wg) 

THURSDAY, July 17, 2003 0900-1130 
================================= 

CHAIR: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>, Tim Polk <[email-masked]> 

AGENDA: 

1. WG Status and Direction

1.1 WG Focus and Direction [ADs]

      The working group has recieved direction from the IESG that will
      limit the types of new specifications accepted as PKIX work products.
      The ADs wil present IESG's expectations for the PKIX WG along with
      the rationale. (15 min.)

1.2 Document Status Review [Tim Polk (NIST)]

      The working group has a large number of Internet-Drafts.  Many 
      documents are with the ADs or in various stages of WG Last Call. 
      Several others are ready for Last Call. (15 min.)

2. PKIX WG Specifications

   2.1  Simple Certificate Validation Protocol   Trevor Freeman (MicroSoft) 

         http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-12.txt 

      The current draft of SCVP is in WG Last Call, and is believed to be in 
      full compliance with RFC 3379. This presentation will identify the 
changes
      since the -11 draft.  (15 min.)

   2.2 RFC 3280 Progression	Tim Polk (NIST)

      NIST is currently performing the interoperability testing for RFC 3280. 
      This presentation will update the WG on NIST's progress, projected 
      completion date, and issues identified to date. Primary focus will be the
      RFC 3280 path validation test suite developed jointly by NIST, 
DigitalNet,
      and NSA. (10 min.) 

   2.3 LDAP: Schemas, String Values, and more - David Chadwick (Univ of 
Salford) 
                                 Peter Gietz (DAASI) 

      The WG has a suite of LDAP-PKIX drafts forming a comprehensive solution
      for LDAP based PKI information distribution.  New drafts on PKC 
certificate
      schema, CRL schema and on Attribute Certificate schema have been 
published
      since the 56th IETF.  The authors will present the changes in these 
documents
      and discuss the timeline for document completion.  (15 min.)

   2.4 Certification Path Building     Matt Cooper (Orion Security)

      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-certpathbuild-00.txt 

      This document was written to provide "best practice" guidance and 
      recommendations to developers building X.509 public-key certification 
      paths within their applications.    (10 min.) 

3. Related Specifications

   The following personal drafts address topics of interest to the PKIX WG,
   and are presented to highlight the availability of the drafts and encourage
   input from the WG.  

   3.1 Specifying Russian Cryptographic Algorithms in PKIX
                                    Gregory S. Chudov (Crypto-Pro)

      This personal draft documents the use of Russian national cryptography
      standards (GOST) in the PKIX Certificate and CRL Profile. It was 
developed
      within "Russian Cryptographic Software Compatibility Agreement", 
      and signed by major Russian cryptographic software vendors. (10 min.)

   3.2 Memorandum for multi-domain PKI Interoperability
                                     Masaki SHIMAOKA (SECOM)

      This personal draft documents known issues and considerations for
      multi-domain PKI, and provides guidelines for multi-domain PKI
      interoperability as a best current practice. The scope of this 
      specification is the establishment of trust relationships and
      interoperability between mulitple PKI domains.  

      This specification is a follow on to the JNSA Challenge PKI 2002 
      and Multi-Domain PKI Test Suite.  (10 min.)

   3.2 Object Oriented PKI (OO-PKI)  Anders Rungren (Telia)

      This personal draft introduces an Object Oriented (OO) X.509
      extension. The extension is intended to eliminate the need for
      application-level, relying party PKI software, to a priori "know"
      certificate profiles, be manually "configured", or occasionally
      require "adjustments". The primary goal with the extension is to
      enable the creation of a wide range of standard information system
      applications, having built-in relying party PKI support. (10 min.)