Subject: Root CA key compromised

From: Lenka Kadlcakova <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:00:31 +0200

Hi all,
I would like to ask for your opinion on what to do when the Root CA key 
is compromised. I don't see any clear instruction in RFC 3280. For the 
case there has already been a discussion on this, could anyone please 
give me a note?

Thanks a lot for the answer,

Regards,

Lenka

---

From: "Joel S. Kazin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:35:30 -0400

Look at RFC 2527 or the draft RFC 2527bis for an outline of how the issue 
is presented in a CP or CPS.

At 02:00 PM 7/22/2003 +0200, Lenka Kadlcakova wrote:

>Hi all,
>I would like to ask for your opinion on what to do when the Root CA key is 
>compromised. I don't see any clear instruction in RFC 3280. For the case 
>there has already been a discussion on this, could anyone please give me a 
>note?
>

Joel S. Kazin CPA, CISA, CISSP
Senior Consultant
SchlumbergerSema
Network and Infrastructure Solutions

194 Wood Avenue South
First Floor
Iselin, NJ 08830, USA

Phone  +1 914-769-8780
Mobile  +1 914-645-5598
email    [email-masked]