Subject: Updated agenda for PKIX, 57th IETF

From: Tim Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:58:55 -0400

Folks,

I have appended an updated agenda.  I think I have everyone this time...

Thanks!

Tim

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PKIX WG (pkix-wg)

THURSDAY, July 17, 2003 0900-1130
=================================

CHAIR: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>, Tim Polk <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

1. WG Status and Direction

1.1 WG Focus and Direction [ADs]

       The working group has recieved direction from the IESG that will
       limit the types of new specifications accepted as PKIX work products.
       The ADs wil present IESG's expectations for the PKIX WG along with
       the rationale. (15 min.)

1.2 Document Status Review [Tim Polk (NIST)]

       The working group has a large number of Internet-Drafts.  Many
       documents are with the ADs or in various stages of WG Last Call.
       Several others are ready for Last Call. (10 min.)

2. PKIX WG Specifications

    2.1  Simple Certificate Validation Protocol   Trevor Freeman (MicroSoft)

          http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-12.txt

       The current draft of SCVP is in WG Last Call, and is believed to be in
       full compliance with RFC 3379. This presentation will identify the
       changes since the -11 draft.  (10 min.)

    2.2 RFC 3280 Progression     Tim Polk (NIST)

       NIST is currently performing the interoperability testing for RFC 3280.
       This presentation will update the WG on NIST's progress, projected
       completion date, and issues identified to date. Primary focus will 
be the
       RFC 3280 path validation test suite developed jointly by NIST, 
DigitalNet,
       and NSA. (10 min.)

    2.3 LDAP: Schemas, String Values, and more
                                - David Chadwick (Univ of Salford)
                                  Peter Gietz (DAASI)

       The WG has a suite of LDAP-PKIX drafts forming a comprehensive solution
       for LDAP based PKI information distribution.  New drafts on PKC 
certificate
       schema, CRL schema and on Attribute Certificate schema have been 
published
       since the 56th IETF.  The authors will present the changes in these 
documents
       and discuss the timeline for document completion.  (15 min.)

    2.4 Qualified Certificates          Stefan Santesson (Retrospekt AB)

       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-sonof3039-00.txt

       This presentation will propose a path for the evolution of the QC 
document.
       (10 min.)

    2.5 Certification Path Building     Matt Cooper (Orion Security)

       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-certpathbuild-00.txt 

       This document was written to provide "best practice" guidance and
       recommendations to developers building X.509 public-key certification
       paths within their applications.    (10 min.)

3. Related Specifications

    The following personal drafts address topics of interest to the PKIX WG,
    and are presented to highlight the availability of the drafts and encourage
    input from the WG.

    3.1 Specifying Russian Cryptographic Algorithms in PKIX
                                     Gregory S. Chudov (Crypto-Pro)

       This personal draft documents the use of Russian national cryptography
       standards (GOST) in the PKIX Certificate and CRL Profile. It was
       developed within "Russian Cryptographic Software Compatibility
       Agreement", and signed by major Russian cryptographic software vendors.
       (10 min.)

    3.2 Memorandum for multi-domain PKI Interoperability
                                      Masaki SHIMAOKA (SECOM)

       This personal draft documents known issues and considerations for
       multi-domain PKI, and provides guidelines for multi-domain PKI
       interoperability as a best current practice. The scope of this
       specification is the establishment of trust relationships and
       interoperability between mulitple PKI domains.

       This specification is a follow on to the JNSA Challenge PKI 2002
       and Multi-Domain PKI Test Suite.  (10 min.)

    3.3 Object Oriented PKI (OO-PKI)  Anders Rungren (Telia)

       This personal draft introduces an Object Oriented (OO) X.509
       extension. The extension is intended to eliminate the need for
       application-level, relying party PKI software, to a priori "know"
       certificate profiles, be manually "configured", or occasionally
       require "adjustments". The primary goal with the extension is to
       enable the creation of a wide range of standard information system
       applications, having built-in relying party PKI support. (10 min.)

4. Liason/Related Projects

    The following specifications will update the WG on related activities in
    the EU.

    4.1 European Open Standards for Electronic Signatures: the EESSI
                                  - Riccardo Genghini, EESSI Chair (SG&A)

       The European Elctronic Signature Standardization Initiative (EESSI) 
is an
       industry initiative in Support of the European Directive on Electronic
       Signatures.  This presentation describes the status of the ESESI's 
current and
       recent work.  This presentation is an update to the status report
       provided at the 56th IETF. (10 min.)

    4.2 OpenEvidence Project (Peter Sylvester)

       The EU IST project OpenEvidence is an Open source project
       concerning technologies for long term validity of documents.
       The presentation will address the goals and the current status
       of the implementation. (10 min.)