Subject: LDAPv3 Profile Issue

From: David Chadwick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:17:27 +0100

Colleagues

at the Vienna meeting I stated that the only outstanding issue with the
LDAPv3 profile was the use of multi-valued RDNs. However, there is also
the use of the ;binary extension that still has to be addressed and
resolved (unfortunately), since the profile needs to state what PKI
clients should do with ;binary.

The ;binary issue is holding up the final calls on the LDAPv3 profile,
and the LDAP PKI and PMI schema documents (from Steven Legg and myself).
Fortunately it does not affect the LDAP attribute extraction schema
profiles that are due to be published as Informational RFCs, but
nevertheless we do need closure on the ;binary issue as soon as possible

regards

David

-- 
*********************************************************

Leaders of the world's richest nations meet in Cancun on September 10th
2003. Oxfam is presenting them with a petition to make trade fair. Be
sure your voice is heard. Sign the 'Big Noise' petition to make trade
fair at:

http://www.maketradefair.com/go/join/?p=omf1 

*****************************************************************

David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
Professor of Information Systems Security
IS Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel: +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 01484 532930
Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184
Email: [email-masked]
Home Page:  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Research Web site: http://sec.isi.salford.ac.uk
Seminars: http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/seminars.htm
Entrust key validation string: MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J
PGP Key ID is 0xBC238DE5

*****************************************************************