Subject: WG last call

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:02:06 -0400

Folks,

We have a relatively old ID that was reposted in June, after minor 
changes in response to some previous comments. The document defines 
two proposed extensions, one to carry IP address prefix data and one 
to carry Autonomous System Identifier info, in PK certs. The 
extension was developed to enable creation of a PKI that reflects the 
assignment of IP addresses and AS numbers, which happens to be done 
in a top down, singly rooted tree fashion, starting with IANA. The 
document is draft-ietf-pkix-x509-ipaddr-as-extn-01.txt.

I would like to initiate a 2-week WG last call on this ID. There are 
now a couple of protocols that could make use of this extension in 
different contexts and so it would be good to have it as another, 
completed PKIX item.

Since I am a co-author of the document, I will recuse myself from the 
process of determining WG consensus in this case, and rely on Tim to 
deal with any issues that may arise.

Steve