Subject: Re: Policy User Interfaces

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:20:48 +0000

> Not much of a difference, really.  Now, suppose Foo Inc adds a
> Kryptonium policy with a $10M credit limit.  Of course, our example
> business wants to include people with that kind of credit policy among
> their customers (they would hardly say "you have too high a limit, so
> we can't trust you").  To do that, they would have to perform one of
> the following actions:

 > 1. add the "O=Foo Inc, OU=Kryptonium CA" root certificate among the
    > already installed ones.

> Not difference at all.

You missed out ...

0. Spend a zillion groats deploying the Kryponium CA

:-)

     **********************************************************************
     This email and any attachments are confidential and intended for the
     addressee only. If you are not the named recipient, you must not use,
     disclose, reproduce, copy or distribute the contents of this
     communication. If you have received this in error, please contact the
     sender and then delete this email from your system.
     **********************************************************************

---

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:24:08 +0100 (CET)

In message <[email-masked]> on Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:20:48 +0000, [email-masked] said:

chris.gilbert> You missed out ...
chris.gilbert> 
chris.gilbert> 0. Spend a zillion groats deploying the Kryponium CA
chris.gilbert> 
chris.gilbert> :-)

True, but you had already said that.  I talked purely from an non-CA
administrative point of view :-).

-----
Please consider sponsoring my work on free software.
See http://www.free.lp.se/sponsoring.html for details.

-- 
Richard Levitte     | http://richard.levitte.org/ | Tunnlandsv. 3
Levitte Programming | http://www.lp.se/           | S-168 36 Bromma
T: +46-708-26 53 44 |                             | SWEDEN
     "Price, performance, quality...  choose the two you like"

---

From: Margus Freudenthal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:44:38 +0200

> 0. Spend a zillion groats deploying the Kryponium CA
Even when using policies, you still have to create business process for
registering users and verifying that they really are worth the
kryptonium-level credit limit.

Adding an extra signing key for them should be minor problem, especially
assuming that you already have the necessary infrastructure (all the
minor level CA-s).

-- 
Margus