Subject: Re: TLS: No policy OID. Was: Policy User Interfaces

From: Peter Gutmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:21:00 +1300

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <[email-masked]> writes:

>I choose to develop for tomorrow.  You?

I choose to develop for what the market wants (with, admittedly, some attempt
at speculating about what it'll want tomorrow, and to counterbalance that a
refusal to develop crap if that's what people are asking for).  Seems to be
working OK, I haven't had to change jobs once in the last 12 years.

Peter.

---

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:29:29 +0100 (CET)

In message <[email-masked]> on Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:21:00 +1300, Peter Gutmann <[email-masked]> said:

pgut001> 
pgut001> Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <[email-masked]> writes:
pgut001> 
pgut001> >I choose to develop for tomorrow.  You?
pgut001> 
pgut001> I choose to develop for what the market wants

And quite often, "the market" looks at what's available today and
tries to use that to solve their problems.  It's the same problem as
the old chicken-and-the-egg question: what comes first [1]?

pgut001> (with, admittedly, some attempt at speculating about what
pgut001> it'll want tomorrow, and to counterbalance that a refusal to
pgut001> develop crap if that's what people are asking for).  Seems to
pgut001> be working OK, I haven't had to change jobs once in the last
pgut001> 12 years.

Good for you :-).

-----
[1] my wife told me the real answer: the rooster!

-----
Please consider sponsoring my work on free software.
See http://www.free.lp.se/sponsoring.html for details.

-- 
Richard Levitte     | http://richard.levitte.org/ | Tunnlandsv. 3
Levitte Programming | http://www.lp.se/           | S-168 36 Bromma
T: +46-708-26 53 44 |                             | SWEDEN
     "Price, performance, quality...  choose the two you like"

---

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:29:29 +0100 (CET)

pgut001> 

Good for you :-).

-----

-----