Subject: Protocol Action: 'X.509 Extensions for IP Addresses and AS Identifiers' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:06:55 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'X.509 Extensions for IP Addresses and AS Identifiers '
   <draft-ietf-pkix-x509-ipaddr-as-extn-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Steve Bellovin.

Technical Summary

  This document defines two X.509v3 certificate extensions.  The first
  extension binds a list of IP address blocks, or prefixes, to the
  subject of a certificate.  The second extension binds a list of
  autonomous system identifiers to the subject of a certificate.  These
  extensions may be used to convey the authorization of the subject to
  use the IP addresses and autonomous system identifiers contained in
  the extensions.

Working Group Summary

  The PKIX Working Group came to consensus on this document.  The
  document was also reviewed by the SEND Working Group.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russell Housley for the IESG.