Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-sim-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:36:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Subject Identification Method (SIM)
	Author(s)	: J. Park
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-sim-02.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2004-2-17
	
This document provides the new straightforward approach to generate 
and verify unique information for identifying of the certificate 
subject. 
A Virtual ID(VID) may be put into the 'othername' field of the X.509 
subjectAltName certificate extension to make provisions for 
identifying the subject.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-sim-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-sim-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-sim-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:55:22 -0500

The maximum is five!  I do not know a good way to figure out who really 
belongs....

The usual answer is to pick one or two "editors" and then add a 
Contributors section to the document.

Russ

= = = = = = = = = =

PKIX Working Group                                   Jongwook Park(KISA)
Internet Draft                                          Jaeho Yoon(KISA)
Document: draft-ietf-pkix-sim-02.txt                  Seungjoo Kim(KISA)
Expires : August, 2004                              Sangjoon Park(BCQRE)
Target category: Standard Track                          Jaeil Lee(KISA)
                                                        Hongsub Lee(ISTF)
                                                          Polk, Tim(NIST)
                                                           February, 2004

                 Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
                   Subject Identification Method (SIM)

                       <draft-ietf-pkix-sim-02.txt>

---

From: "Jongwook Park" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:03:36 +0900

I have already noticed that there are too many authors in the current draft.
But, a list of authors will be arranged in the next document.

Park.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Russ Housley
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 8:55 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Too Many Authors: draft-ietf-pkix-sim-02.txt

The usual answer is to pick one or two "editors" and then add a Contributors
section to the document.

Russ

= = = = = = = = = =

---

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:50:06 -0800

Gentlemen,

I have having a problem with the value of R.  There are a number of
apparently contradictory statements about it in this document.

-  In section 2.3 it states that Bob can get R from the PEPSI in the cert.
Put this is not actually published in the certificate.

-  In section 2.3 Alice computes H(Pa || R || SIItype || SII) but there is
no provision for passing R from the RA back to Alice.

-  The value of R is touted as the reason that Eve cannot do a good attack
against the PEPSI value, yet if R comes to Bob from the RA, there is no
reason for Eve not to ask for the same value from the RA.  If it comes from
Alice, then Alice needs to remember the value of R as well as the password
Pa.

Jim