Subject: Cross certificate format

From: "Jaleel P.A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:51:12 +0530

Hi,

Can anybody tell me the structure of a Cross Certificate and how it is
different from a normal Public Key certificate. A Cross certificate sample
can be of great help.

Thanks
Jaleel

---

From: Timofey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:00:37 +0400

Hello Jaleel,

JPA> Hi,

JPA> Can anybody tell me the structure of a Cross Certificate and how it is
JPA> different from a normal Public Key certificate. A Cross certificate sample
JPA> can be of great help.

Cross-certificate has absolutly the same structure as "normal"
certificate. It looks like one CA signs another.

The only difference is the place you store it. For example, you can
place it in LDAP directory as crossCertificatePair attribute.

-- 
Best regards,
 Timofey

---

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:43:15 +0200 (CEST)

In message <[email-masked]> on Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:00:37 +0400, Timofey <[email-masked]> said:

timofey> Hello Jaleel,
timofey> 
timofey> JPA> Hi,
timofey> 
timofey> JPA> Can anybody tell me the structure of a Cross Certificate
timofey> JPA> and how it is different from a normal Public Key
timofey> JPA> certificate. A Cross certificate sample can be of great
timofey> JPA> help.
timofey> 
timofey> Cross-certificate has absolutly the same structure as
timofey> "normal" certificate. It looks like one CA signs another.
timofey> 
timofey> The only difference is the place you store it. For example,
timofey> you can place it in LDAP directory as crossCertificatePair
timofey> attribute.

I've always wondered about that, what's the reason to have that placed
separately from other certificates?  To me, that just means I have to
look in yet another place...

-----
Please consider sponsoring my work on free software.
See http://www.free.lp.se/sponsoring.html for details.

-- 
Richard Levitte     | http://richard.levitte.org/ | Tunnlandsv. 52
Levitte Programming | http://www.lp.se/           | S-168 36 Bromma
T: +46-708-26 53 44 |                             | SWEDEN
     "Price, performance, quality...  choose the two you like"