Subject: Re: Meaning of CP in a CA certificate

From: Peter Sylvester <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:40:52 +0200 (MEST)

> 
> I believe that this is a mis-interpretation from the editors of RFC 3280.
> 

3280 and X509 have the same textual definition concerning the value
of the policy extension. what do you think is available in X509
which is not available in 3280? What can be misinterpreted if
both texts are identical?

In both text, there is no provision to indicate in a CA cert some
policy that governs a CA cert. 

> Denis
> 
> > Are you saying that for example you are looking for
> > "some path that creates Qualified certificates" but only if the
> > CA certs are created under a policy indicating "some particular 
> > more or less global UN policy concering CAs"' ?

You have not answered the previous question.

---

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:00:23 +0200

Peter,

> policy that governs a CA cert. 

If you had not suppressed the text from my previous e-mail, then you would 
have seen that the texts are different.

> You have not answered the previous question.

This question is not understandable for me.

Denis