Subject: PKI International Consortium

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:30:16 -0500

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any international consortium of financial
institutions that maintain a PKI and issues certificates for the members.
If so, what are the standards followed? Any information would be helpful.

Regards.

Shaheen Nasirudheen
JPMorgan ACCESS, Portal Security

-----------------------------------
This message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this
e-mail message from your computer.

---

From: "Anders Rundgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 18:28:12 +0200

Hi Shaheen,
There are several PKIs run by FIs, even on an international level.
However, I have some difficulties with the phrase
"certificates for the members"? 

Is a "member" an FI organization, FI employee or an FI customer?

For the premier category I believe VISA does that for the 3D Secure
network.   For FI employees I don't know if there really is any
big need for such as these certificates have little use except internally.
Well, Identrus have indeed sold such services to a few banks.

Regarding the third category, it is interesting to note that banks
seem to take the lead in issuing "citizen-certificates" as a
citizen=bank customer.  These FA CAs are though not really
international due to some basic problems like the lack of
standards for expressing citizen identities in various regimes.
Here the customer is really e-governments although the certificates
can often be used for on-line banking as well.

www.identrus.com
www.bankid.com
www.bankid.no

Anders

----- Original Message ----- 

From: <[email-masked]>
To: "PKIX list" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 16:30
Subject: PKI International Consortium

Hello,

Regards.

Shaheen Nasirudheen