Subject: Re: registration authorities

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:13:03 -0500

At 6:00 PM +0100 12/30/04, Peter Sylvester wrote:
>Doesn't 3739 say:
>
>    The profile is however not limited to Qualified
>    Certificates and further profiling may facilitate specific local
>    needs.

yes, but what i said was that syntactically, inclusion of the 
extension defined for QC's will generally be interpreted as 
indicating a QC. In the U.S. we have a saying:
   "If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck."

I think this saying will apply here, whether the cert was issued 
under QC guidelines or not.

Steve

---

From: Peter Sylvester <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:00:47 +0100 (MET)

Doesn't 3739 say: