Subject: Re: SCVP 16 comments deadline

From: Peter Sylvester <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 13:14:42 +0100 (MET)

There are several boolean values like

  ValidationPolicy ::= SEQUENCE { 
    ...
    inhibitPolicyMapping  [2] BOOLEAN OPTIONAL, 

and a policy definition. 

  ValidationPolValues ::=SEQUENCE  { 
    ...
    inhibitPolMap            BOOLEAN, 

- It would be nice to use the same field names.

- I suggest BOOLEAN DEFAULT FALSE for the inhibitPolMap together
  with some apppropriate tagging, it doesn't make much sense to
  me to code useless values. 

Would it be possible to add some statement about the intended
meaning of the 6 possible combination:

inhibitPolMap = FALSE 

inhibitPolicyMapping absent  1
                     FALSE   2
                     TRUE    3

inhibitPolMap = TRUE 

inhibitPolicyMapping absent  4
                     FALSE   5
                     TRUE    6

Does it mean that when the client value takes preceedence over the
server value? 

1 = FALSE
2 = FALSE
3 = TRUE
4 = TRUE
5 = FALSE
6 = TRUE

It had been said some time ago (as far as I remember) that these
inputs are not global ones but in principle for each of the
certs to be asked for. what was the conclusion why they stay global
for all certs?

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:17:20 +0100

I take benefit of this message of my friend Peter to apologize...
I have many comments but I haven't able to send them before the deadline
because of network problems and overloaded phased. I expect to send 
them before the next week.

Regards

[email-masked]