Subject: Attribute Certificate Tool

From: "David Chadwick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 17:52:41 +0000

Dear All

we have just released our latest X.509 PMI tool, the Attribute 
Certificate Manager. It can be downloaded from

http://sec.isi.salford.ac.uk/permis/private/wip.html#ACM

Note that you will have to register to get a un and pw first, but the 
tool is free to use for research and educational purposes.

This first version creates X.509 standard ACs, and will store them (add 
them) in your local filestore or an LDAP directory. It can also retrieve 
sample ACs from our publicly available LDAP server. Note that version 1 
does not support revocation of ACs. This will be added to version 2.

All comments about its usefulness, wrinkles or other bugs will be gladly 
received, as well as requests for other features that you might like to 
see added.

regards

David

*****************************************************************

David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
Professor of Information Systems Security
IS Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel: +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 1484 532930
Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184
Email: [email-masked]
Home Page:  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Research Web site: http://sec.isi.salford.ac.uk
Entrust key validation string: MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J
PGP Key ID is 0xBC238DE5

*****************************************************************