Subject: 3280bis available from NIST web site

From: Tim Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:00:46 -0500

Folks,

FYI - the initial 3280bis draft was submitted by David Cooper before the 
-00 cutoff (with about sixteen hours to spare!), but has not shown up on 
the PKIX site as of yet.  The secretariat tends to get swamped with all the 
last minute document postings, so there can be a lag between submission and 
appearance of the document on the web site.  To give the WG the maximum 
review time before Minneapolis, David has also posted the initial draft of 
3280bis on a NIST website.  The document is available at the following URL:

http://csrc.nist.gov/pki/documents/PKIX/draft-ietf-pkix-rfc3280bis-00.txt

David has also created an html diff file that shows all changes from 3280 
to 3280bis.

http://csrc.nist.gov/pki/documents/PKIX/rfc3280todraft3280bis-00_diff.html

He has not had time to pull together a "disposition of comments" email, 
since I have him triple booked at the moment.   (In particular, he is 
working on SCVP as well.)  He will try to get that to the list before the 
meeting, but the diff file makes it very easy to identify the changes that 
have been made.

Many thanks to the design team (Sharon Boeyen, Dave Cooper, Stephen 
Farrell, Steve Hanna, Russ Housley, Stefan Santesson, and Warwick Ford) for 
their efforts, and especially to Dave for getting the draft together.

Tim Polk