Subject: Re: Defining an SRV RR Other name in pkix

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:41:46 -0400

Stefan,

I think you should coordinate this with some folks in the DNS arena, 
as well.  There have been many proposals for extensions to DNS, or 
ancillary technology that relies on DNS, that have foundered because 
of subtle issues associated with DNS management, server software 
limitations, etc.

Steve

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:41:15 -0400

Stefan:

The best approach is probable to request Steve Bellovin to ask the DNS 
Directorate for a review.  You can reach Steve Bellovin at the address on 
the CC line.

Russ

At 11:41 AM 6/13/2005, Stephen Kent wrote:
>Stefan,
>
>I think you should coordinate this with some folks in the DNS arena, as 
>well.  There have been many proposals for extensions to DNS, or ancillary 
>technology that relies on DNS, that have foundered because of subtle 
>issues associated with DNS management, server software limitations, etc.
>
>Steve
>