Subject: X.509 path discovery test suite

From: "David A. Cooper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 17:29:37 -0400

All,

I have begun work on a path discovery test suite to complement the PKITS 
path validation test suite 
(http://csrc.nist.gov/pki/testing/x509paths.html).  The test suite 
consists of a set of PKIs and a set of end entity certificates with the 
goal being to determine whether a path discovery and validation 
implementation is capable of navigating the PKIs in order to obtain the 
certificates and CRLs necessary to validate the end entity certificates.

The initial draft version of the test suite is available at 
http://csrc.nist.gov/pki/testing/pathdiscovery.html and a presentation 
that provides an overview of the test suite is available at 
http://csrc.nist.gov/pki/twg/y2005/Presentations/May05-Cooper.pdf.

A mail list was established for the submission of comments and to enable 
discussion of the path validation test suite and this mail list will 
also be used for the path discovery test suite.  You may subscribe to 
the list by sending a message to [email-masked] with the following in 
the body of the message: "subscribe pkits your name".  (Substitute your 
actual name for the string "your name".)  Listproc will use the return 
address from the header of your e-mail message.  You must be subscribed 
to the mail list in order to send a message to it, however, the archive 
will be available at 
http://www.nist.gov/itl/div896/emaildir/pkits/maillist.html for everyone 
to read.

Please submit any comments or suggestions on the initial draft version 
of the test suite by July 1, 2005.

Thanks,

Dave