Subject: [Jeffrey Hutzelman] LAST CALL - Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication in Kerberos

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:12:06 -0400

Hi.  The Kerberos working group has started a last call on the pkinit
draft.  Pkinit is a mechanism for acquiring kerberos tickets based on
knowledge of a private key.  It also supports and is typically used
with a PKI.

I'd appreciate any review that members of the pkix working group can
provide on this document.

solipsist-nation ([unix socket]) by solipsist-nation (Cyrus
v2.1.16-IPv6-Debian-2.1.16-10) with LMTP; Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:07:31
-0400 X-Sieve: CMU Sieve 2.2 Return-Path:
<[email-masked]> Received: from
south-station-annex.mit.edu (SOUTH-STATION-ANNEX.MIT.EDU [18.72.1.2])
(using TLSv1 with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits)) (No client
certificate requested) by suchdamage.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id
9BDFA1383E for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:07:24
-0400 (EDT) Received: from pacific-carrier-annex.mit.edu
(PACIFIC-CARRIER-ANNEX.MIT.EDU [18.7.21.83]) by
south-station-annex.mit.edu (8.12.4/8.9.2) with ESMTP id
j9O27MkZ012927 for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 23 Oct 2005
22:07:22 -0400 (EDT) Received: from mailhost.anl.gov (mailhost.anl.gov
[130.202.113.50]) by pacific-carrier-annex.mit.edu (8.12.4/8.9.2) with
ESMTP id j9O26Emq005270; Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:06:14 -0400 (EDT)
Received: by mailhost.anl.gov (Postfix) id 18622286; Sun, 23 Oct 2005
21:06:13 -0500 (CDT) Delivered-To: [email-masked]
Received: from mailhost.anl.gov (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by
localhost.ctd.anl.gov (Postfix) with ESMTP id E87EA26D for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:06:12 -0500 (CDT)
Received: by mailhost.anl.gov (Postfix, from userid 10733) id
D6987286; Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:06:12 -0500 (CDT) X-Original-To:
[email-masked] Delivered-To: [email-masked] Received: from
mailhost.anl.gov (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by localhost.ctd.anl.gov
(Postfix) with ESMTP id 5D96227F for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 23
Oct 2005 21:06:12 -0500 (CDT) Received: from mailrelay.anl.gov
(mailrelay.anl.gov [130.202.101.22]) by mailhost.anl.gov (Postfix)
with ESMTP id 4C9D526D for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 23 Oct 2005
21:06:12 -0500 (CDT) Received: from mailrelay.anl.gov (localhost
[127.0.0.1]) by localhost.ctd.anl.gov (Postfix) with ESMTP id
D63D05F0D5B; Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:06:11 -0500 (CDT) Received: from
currant.srv.cs.cmu.edu (CURRANT.SRV.CS.CMU.EDU [128.2.194.193]) by
mailrelay.anl.gov (Postfix) with SMTP id 7F1595F0D5A for
<[email-masked]>; Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:06:11 -0500 (CDT) Received:
from CRUNCHBERRY.SRV.CS.CMU.EDU ([128.2.203.75]) by
currant.srv.cs.cmu.edu id aa18518; 23 Oct 2005 22:06 EDT Received:
from jhutz-dyn0.pc.cs.cmu.edu
(IDENT:U2FsdGVkX1+t+NgCyV0xi/[email-masked]
[128.2.200.136]) (authenticated bits=0) by crunchberry.srv.cs.cmu.edu
(8.13.4/8.13.4) with ESMTP id j9O264gX002260 (version=TLSv1/SSLv3
cipher=EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA bits=168 verify=NO); Sun, 23 Oct 2005
22:06:05 -0400 (EDT) Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:06:00 -0400 From:
Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]> To: [email-masked] Cc: Jeffrey
Hutzelman <[email-masked]> Subject: LAST CALL - Public Key Cryptography
for Initial Authentication in Kerberos Message-ID:
<[email-masked]> Originator-Info:
login-token=Mulberry:01ouPFOwxLOq/uLj281WH1qjlV/GYpFz4PWPOg2GM=;
token_authority=[email-masked] X-Mailer: Mulberry/3.1.6
(Linux/x86) Sender: [email-masked] Precedence:
bulk X-Scanned-By: MIMEDefang 2.42 X-Spam-Checker-Version:
SpamAssassin 3.0.2 (2004-11-16) on solipsist-nation.suchdamage.org
X-Spam-Level: X-Spam-Status: No, score=-1.7 required=5.0
tests=AWL,BAYES_00 autolearn=ham version=3.0.2
MIME-Version: 1.0

At long last...

As of October 23, 2005, I am beginning a two-week Last Call period
on the following document:

	Title		: Public Key Cryptography for
                          Initial Authentication in Kerberos
	Author(s)	: B. Tung, L. Zhu
	Filename	: draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-init-29.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 2005-10-21

Comments on this document should be sent to the Kerberos Working Group
mailing list, [email-masked], and will be accepted at least until
11:59pm EST on November 6, 2005.  All issues raised will be entered
into the Request Tracker system at https://rt.psg.com/.

Once the Last Call period has ended, I will make a determination as to
whether there remain any unresolved issue, and whether there is a rough
consensus withing the working group to send this document to the IESG for
publication as a Proposed Standard.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <[email-masked]>
   Chair, IETF Kerberos Working Group
   Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA