Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-cert-utf8-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Update to DirectoryString Processing in the
                          Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure 
                          Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) Profile
	Author(s)	: R. Housley, S. Santesson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-cert-utf8-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2006-2-17
	
This document updates the handling of DirectoryString in the Internet
X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and Certificate
Revocation List (CRL) Profile, which is published in RFC 3280.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-cert-utf8-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-cert-utf8-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-cert-utf8-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 18:09:43 -0500

Dear PKIX WG:

 From the recent discussion on the mail list, it is clear to me that 
3280bis will not be done in the next few weeks.  The DirectoryString 
processing needs to be updated, and we are very late (by at least two 
years) publishing an update on this point.

I was able to get Stefan to help me write a very straightforward and 
simple draft on DirectoryString processing.  I hope that the PKIX WG 
can quickly reach consensus on this document and get it published.

Please review and comment promptly.

Russ