Subject: CFP Third European PKI workshop: theory and practice (EuroPKI'06) -- Deadline extension

From: Andrea Atzeni <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 12:09:34 +0100

** My apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement **
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Call for Papers (deadline extension - until 12 February 2006)
EuroPKI 2006, Third European PKI workshop: theory and practice
Organized by: Politecnico di Torino, TORSEC security group
June 19 - 20, 2006   Torino (Italy)
http://security.polito.it/europki2006

The 3rd European PKI workshop: theory and practice is focusing on 
research and applications on all aspects of public-key certificates and 
Public Key Infrastructures. Submitted papers may present theory, 
applications or practical experiences on topics including, but not 
limited to:

- Modelling and Architecture
- Bridge CA
- Cross Certification
- Directories
- Mobile PKI
- Authentication
- Reliability in PKI
- Certificate Policy
- Privacy
- Fault-Tolerance in PKI
- Privilege Management and PMI
- PKI Performance Evaluation
- eCommerce, eBusiness, eGovernment applications
- Key Management and Recovery
- Certificate Status Information
- Interoperability
- Repository Protocols
- Timestamping
- Verification
- Standards
- Certification Practice Statements
- Legal issues, Policies & Regulations
- Case Studies
- Trust

The Workshop welcomes original papers from academic, government, and 
industry contributors dealing with the above or related issues. Papers, 
which describe ongoing research or provide an excellent surveying work, 
are welcome too. All submissions will be subjected to a thorough blind 
review by at least three reviewers. Papers should be at most 15 pages in 
length, written in English, including bibliography and well-marked 
appendices.
Authors are asked to submit original papers only. Papers that have 
previously been published and papers that are currently being considered 
for publication by another journal or conference are not eligible. All 
submitted papers will be refereed by members of the International 
Program Committee for correctness, originality, relevance to the 
conference, and quality of presentation.
Special session will be reserved for PhD student researches, work in 
progress and industrial case studies. Please mark your paper explicitly 
if you want it to be considered for these special sessions.
As in previous years, it is planned that accepted papers presented at 
the Workshop are included in the event proceeding and published by 
Springer-Verlag in its Lecture Notes in Computer Science series
The Proceedings will be distributed to the Workshop attendees. At least 
one author of each accepted paper is required to register with the 
Workshop and present the paper.

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Ahto Buldas, University of Tartu (Estonia)
David Chadwick, University of Kent (United Kingdom)
Stephen Farrell, Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
Steven Furnell, University of Plymouth (United Kingdom)
Dieter Gollmann, Hamburg University of Technology (Germany)
Stefanos Gritzalis, University of the Aegean (Greece)
Yuecel Karabulut, SAP AG (Germany)
Sokratis Katsikas, University of the Aegean (Greece)
Stephen Kent, BBN (USA)
Kwangjo Kim, Information and Communications Univ. (Korea)
Antonio Lioy, Politecnico di Torino (Italy)
Javier Lopez, Universidad de Málaga (Spain)
Fabio Martinelli, IIT-CNR (Italy)
Daniele Mazzocchi, ISMB (Italy)
Chris Mitchell, Royal Holloway (United Kingdom)
Wolfgang Schneider, Fraunhofer SIT (Germany)
Anna Vaccarelli, IIT-CNR (Italy)

VENUE
The conference will take place in Turin, first capital of Italy and a 
leading Italian city in the field of Information and Communication 
Technology. Turin has many famous historical monuments and museums, and 
a beautiful centre in 17th century baroque style with around 20 Km of 
arcades. The city will held the next Olympic Winter Games (Feb.10-26, 
2006). The region around Turin is famous for production of some of the 
best Italian wines (Barbera, Barolo, Barbaresco) and food. More tourist 
information at http://www.comune.torino.it/english/

IMPORTANT DATES
Deadline for submission: February 12, 2006
Notification of acceptance: February 28, 2006
Camera-ready papers: March 15, 2006

Andrea S. Atzeni - Organizing chair EuroPKI'06
TORSEC security group
Dipartimento di Automatica ed Informatica
Politecnico di Torino
Tel:+39-011-5647081 Fax:+39-011-5647099
e-mail: [email-masked]