Subject: RFC 4334 on Certificate Extensions and Attributes Supporting Authentication in Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) and Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:21:01 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4334

        Title:      Certificate Extensions and Attributes Supporting 
                    Authentication in Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) and 
                    Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN) 
        Author:     R. Housley,  T. Moore
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 20739
        Obsoletes:  RFC3770
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-rfc3770bis-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4334.txt

This document defines two Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
extended key usage values and a public key certificate extension to
carry Wireless LAN (WLAN) System Service identifiers (SSIDs).  This
document obsoletes RFC 3770.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of 
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of 
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4334

        Title:      Certificate Extensions and Attributes Supporting 
                    Authentication in Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) and 
                    Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN) 
        Author:     R. Housley,  T. Moore
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 20739
        Obsoletes:  RFC3770
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-rfc3770bis-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4334.txt

This document defines two Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
extended key usage values and a public key certificate extension to
carry Wireless LAN (WLAN) System Service identifiers (SSIDs).  This
document obsoletes RFC 3770.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of 
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of 
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...