Subject: Protocol Action: 'Attribute Certificate Policies extension' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:46:27 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Attribute Certificate Policies extension '
   <draft-ietf-pkix-acpolicies-extn-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Sam Hartman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-acpolicies-extn-08.txt

Technical Summary

  This document describes one certificate extension to explicitly state
  the Attribute Certificate Policies (ACPs) that apply to a given
  Attribute Certificate (AC).  The goal of this document is to allow
  relying parties to assess whether a given AC carrying some attributes
  can be accepted on the basis of references to one or more specific
  ACPs.

Working Group Summary

  This document is a product of the PKIX WG.  The PKIX WG reached rough
  concensus.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor

  Please expand "AC" the first time it appears in the Introduction.

  OLD:

   The purpose of this document is to define an AC policies extension
   able to explicitly state the AC policies that apply to a given AC,
   but not the AC policies themselves. Attribute Certificates are 
   defined in [RFC 3281].

  NEW:

   The purpose of this document is to define an Attribute Certificate
   (AC) policies extension able to explicitly state the AC policies
   that apply to a given AC, but not the AC policies themselves. ACs
   are defined in [RFC 3281].