Subject: 3280bis: 3 minor nits

From: "Denis Pinkas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:38:26 +0100

Three minor nits:

1 - Section 5.1.2  Certificate List "To Be Signed"

Current text :

   Optional fields include the date and time by which the CRL issuer
   will issue the next CRL, lists of revoked certificates, and CRL
   extensions.

Change with :

   Optional fields include the date and time by which the CRL issuer
   will issue *at latest* the next CRL, lists of revoked certificates, 
   and CRL extensions.

2 - Section 5.1.2.5  Next Update

Current text :

   This field indicates the date by which the next CRL will be issued.

Change with :

   This field indicates the date by which the next CRL will be issued 
   *at latest*.

3 - Editorial error (duplication of the word « are ») :

   While the certificate and CRL profiles specified in sections 4 and 5
   of this document specify values for certificate and CRL fields and
   extensions that are are considered to be appropriate for the Internet
   PKI,

Note: this is the error left intentionally by the editors, 
        to know who read the draft up to page 69 :-)

Denis

---

From: "Stefan Santesson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:31:30 -0000

Denis,

Thanks for catching this.

Editorial 3) should just be fixed.

I think the text is clear on issue 1 and 2 that a CRL can be issued
before the next update as the text (after 2) already states:

   "The next CRL could be issued before the indicated date, but it will
   not be issued any later than the indicated date."  

I'm OK with the text as it is. I'm also OK with your change but then I
would word it:   

1) ".... date and time by which the CRL issuer "at latest" will issue
the next CRL.

2) This field indicates the date "and time" by which the next CRL "at
latest" will be issued.

Stefan Santesson
Program Manager, Standards Liaison
Windows Security

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Denis Pinkas
Sent: den 16 februari 2006 07:38
To: pkix
Subject: 3280bis: 3 minor nits

Three minor nits:

Current text :

Change with :

Current text :

Change with :

3 - Editorial error (duplication of the word < are >) :

Denis