Subject: RFC 4387 on Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Operational Protocols: Certificate Store Access via HTTP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 17:25:38 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4387

        Title:      Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure 
                    Operational Protocols: Certificate Store Access via 
                    HTTP 
        Author:     P. Gutmann,  Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 63182
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-certstore-http-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4387.txt

The protocol conventions described in this document satisfy some of the
operational requirements of the Internet Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
This document specifies the conventions for using the Hypertext Transfer
Protocol (HTTP/HTTPS) as an interface mechanism to obtain certificates and
certificate revocation lists (CRLs) from PKI repositories.  Additional
mechanisms addressing PKIX operational requirements are specified in
separate documents.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509)
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of 
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--22b50466d5aa20ab9f92be34617c09da

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4387

        Title:      Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure 
                    Operational Protocols: Certificate Store Access via 
                    HTTP 
        Author:     P. Gutmann,  Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 63182
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-certstore-http-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4387.txt

The protocol conventions described in this document satisfy some of the
operational requirements of the Internet Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
This document specifies the conventions for using the Hypertext Transfer
Protocol (HTTP/HTTPS) as an interface mechanism to obtain certificates and
certificate revocation lists (CRLs) from PKI repositories.  Additional
mechanisms addressing PKIX operational requirements are specified in
separate documents.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509)
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of 
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...