Subject: The fifth edition of ITU-T X.509 / ISO/IEC 9594:2005

From: Hoyt L Kesterson II <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:27:49 -0700

I sent this once before but never saw it come back from the list.

The fifth edition of ITU-T X.509 / ISO/IEC 9594:2005 has been 
published. It is available electronically and will soon be available 
as hard copy.

As before, ITU-T allows the downloading of three documents at no 
charge. The procedures have changed since I last described this 
service. Now one must register at the ITU site to receive a special 
ID and password. This is described at

http://www.itu.int/publications/template.aspx?media=download&target=/publications/EBookshop.html 

or go to the ITU-T main page at http://www.itu.int/home/index.html 
and follow the link to "Electronic Bookshop"

Once you have your special ID and password, download the August 2005 
(08/05) edition from

   http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-X.509/en

For languages other than English, one will follow a different path.

Note that this is a copyrighted document. One should not further 
distribute the document. Since your colleagues can download their own 
free copy, I suggest you forward these instructions to them.

Once registered, you are permitted to download three free documents. 
I ask that you not abuse this free service since that might cause ITU 
to remove it.

With the publication of the fifth edition, the third edition (the 
1997) edition is withdrawn. This means that only the fourth and fifth 
editions will be supported, i.e. defect resolution.

My thanks to all of you out there who contributed to this work.

      hoyt