Subject: Quick Survey on Algorithm OIDs in subject public key info

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 12:41:33 -0500

Folks,

I would like to conduct a *very* quick and dirty survey of CA and PKI client 
implementations.   I need to determine which algorithm OIDs are currently or 
soon to be supported in real implementations.  The ECC Design team is converging 
on a proposal, but we need to determine whether it is consistent with real 
implementations.

If possible, I need this information before tomorrow's PKIX meeting!  Rather 
than clog up the list, please send email to me directly.  I will summarize the 
results.

Here's what I need: please identify the implementation, including whether it is 
a client or CA.  If the information applies to an upcoming release, please give 
me a projected release date (quarter or year is fine).

For CAs:
Can your implementation assert the following Algorithm OIDs and the associated 
parameters in subject public key info of certificates?
-- from RFC 4055 --
id-RSASSA-PSS  OBJECT IDENTIFIER  ::=  { pkcs-1 10 }
id-RSAES-OAEP  OBJECT IDENTIFIER  ::=  { pkcs-1 7 }
-- from RFC 3279 --
id-ecPublicKey OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
     iso(1) member-body(2) us(840) 10045 keyType(2) unrestricted(1) 
   }
-- from ANSI X9.62-2005/X9.63-2006 and ecc-pkalgs-03 --
id-ecPublicKeyRestricted OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
     iso(1) member-body(2) us(840) 10045 keyType(2) restricted(2) 
   }

If the CA supports id-ecPublicKeyRestricted, please summarize the types of 
restrictions that can be imposed.

For clients:
Can your implementation process intermediate and end certificates containing the 
following slgorithm OIDs and the associated parameters in subject public key 
info field of certificates?
-- from RFC 4055 --
id-RSASSA-PSS  OBJECT IDENTIFIER  ::=  { pkcs-1 10 }
id-RSAES-OAEP  OBJECT IDENTIFIER  ::=  { pkcs-1 7 }
-- from RFC 3279 --
id-ecPublicKey OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
     iso(1) member-body(2) us(840) 10045 keyType(2) unrestricted(1) 
   }
-- from ANSI X9.62-2005/X9.63-2006 and ecc-pkalgs-03 --
id-ecPublicKeyRestricted OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
     iso(1) member-body(2) us(840) 10045 keyType(2) restricted(2) 
   }

If the client supports id-ecPublicKeyRestricted, please summarize the types of 
restrictions that can be recognized and enforced.

Thanks!

Tim Polk