Subject: Domain certificates in SIP

From: Scott Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 16:46:27 -0400

draft-gurbani-sip-domain-certs-05 has been submitted to
the IETF archives.  We've tried to incorporate some of the advice we got
around the Prague meeting.

This version focuses fairly narrowly on:

- How to use and interpret the SIP identities in a X.509 certificate.
- How to indicate that this particular certificate is for SIP
  usage.

What goes in the subjectAltName, and a new EKU value, with the detailed
steps to interpret and validate them are provided from the viewpoint of
user agents, proxies, and registrars.

Until the -05 version appears in the archives, you can get it from:

http://svn.resiprocate.org/rep/ietf-drafts/gurbani/domain-certs/draft-gurbani-sip-domain-certs-05.txt
http://svn.resiprocate.org/rep/ietf-drafts/gurbani/domain-certs/draft-gurbani-sip-domain-certs-05.html

Comments, questions and other feedback is much appreciated.

-- 
Scott Lawrence  tel:+1-781-938-5306;ext=162 or sip:[email-masked]
  sipXecs project coordinator - SIPfoundry http://www.sipfoundry.org/sipXecs
  Chief Technology Officer    - Pingtel Corp. http://www.pingtel.com/