Subject: Use of WebDAV for X.509

From: David Chadwick <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 14:46:28 +0100

Dear WG

I have published a new ID at

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chadwick-webdav-00.txt

This document describes the use of the WebDAV protocol for publishing
and revoking X.509 public key certificates and specifies two new access
methods for the Authority Information Access extension to support this.

WebDAV is an extension of HTTP, and allows certificates and CRLs to be 
published on Web servers such as Apache, rather than (or as well as) in 
LDAP servers, since we all know that LDAP servers are often not 
accessible on the Internet.

I should like the WG to consider including this work in its charter, and 
would appreciate comments on this draft either to me in person or to the 
PKIX list.

regards

David

*****************************************************************
David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
Professor of Information Systems Security
The Computing Laboratory, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NF
Skype Name: davidwchadwick
Tel: +44 1227 82 3221
Fax +44 1227 762 811
Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184
Email: [email-masked]
Home Page: http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/staff/dwc8/index.html
Research Web site: http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/research/groups/iss/index.html
Entrust key validation string: MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J
PGP Key ID is 0xBC238DE5

*****************************************************************