Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-tac-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Traceable Anonymous Certificate
	Author(s)	: S. Park, H. Park, Y. Won, J. Lee, S. Kent
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-tac-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2008-6-4
	
Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) provides a powerful means of 
   authenticating individuals, organizations, and computers (e.g., 
   web servers). However, when individuals use certificates to 
   access resources on the public Internet, there are legitimate
   concerns about personal privacy, and thus there are increasing 
   demands for privacy enhancing techniques on the Internet. 
   In a PKI, an authorized entity such as a certification Authority
   (CA) or a Registration Authority (RA) may be perceived, 
   from a privacy perspective, as a "big brother," even when a CA 
   issues a certificate containing a Subject name that is a 
   pseudonym. This is because such entities can always map a 
   pseudonym in a certificate they issued to the name of the real 
   user to whom it was issued. This document defines a practical 
   architecture and protocols for offering privacy for a user who 
   requests and uses an X.509 certificate containing a pseudonym, 
   while still retaining the ability to map such a certificate to 
   the real user who requested it. The architecture is compatible 
   with IETF certificate request protocols such as PKCS10 [2] 
   CRMF [3]. The architecture separates the authorities involved 
   in issuing a certificate: one for verifying ownership of a 
   private key (Anonymous Issuer) and the other for validating 
   the contents of a certificate (Blind Issuer). The end-entity
   (EE) certificates issued under this model are called 
   Traceable Anonymous Certificates (TACs).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-tac-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.