Subject: Fwd: [ekmi] Public Review of SKSML v1.0

From: Arshad Noor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 12:56:04 -0400 (EDT)

FYI.

The OASIS EKMI Technical Committee would be grateful for any comments
received from members of this forum about the key-management protocol.

If you are interested in reviewing a working implementation of an early
version of this protocol, you can get the implementation here:

http://www.strongkey.org.  

This open-source implementation does not have all the features mentioned
in the specification, but has enough to give the reviewer an in-depth
view of its capabilities, strengths and weaknesses.

Thank you.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc. 

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Mary McRae" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: "ekmi" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 7:04:49 PM (GMT-0800) America/Los_Angeles
Subject: [ekmi] Public Review of SKSML v1.0

To OASIS members, Public Announce Lists:

The OASIS Enterprise Key Management Infrastructure (EKMI) TC has recently
approved the following specification as a Committee Draft and approved the
package for public review:

Symmetric Key Services Markup Language (SKSML) Version 1.0

The public review starts today, 24 July 2008, and ends 23 September 2008. This
is an open invitation to comment. We strongly encourage feedback from potential
users, developers and others, whether OASIS members or not, for the sake of
improving the interoperability and quality of OASIS work. Please feel free to
distribute this announcement within your organization and to other appropriate
mail lists.

More non-normative information about the specification and the technical
committee may be found at the public home page of the TC at: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ekmi. Comments may be
submitted to the TC by any person through the use of the OASIS TC Comment
Facility which can be located via the button marked "Send A Comment" at the top
of that page, or directly at: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=ekmi.

Submitted comments (for this work as well as other works of that TC) are
publicly archived and can be viewed at: 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ekmi-comment/. All comments submitted to
OASIS are subject to the OASIS Feedback License, which ensures that the feedback
you provide carries the same obligations at least as the obligations of the TC
members.

The specification document and related files are available here:

Editable Source (Authoritative):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ekmi/sksml/v1.0/pr01/SKSML-1.0-Specification.odt 

PDF:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ekmi/sksml/v1.0/pr01/SKSML-1.0-Specification.pdf 

HTML:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ekmi/sksml/v1.0/pr01/SKSML-1.0-Specification.html 

Schema:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ekmi/sksml/v1.0/pr01/schema/ 

Abstract:
This normative specification defines the first (1.0) version of the Symmetric
Key Services Markup Language (SKSML), an XML-based messaging protocol, by which
applications executing on computing devices may request and receive symmetric
key-management services from centralized key-management servers, securely, over
networks. Applications using SKSML are expected to either implement the SKSML
protocol, or use a software library - called the Symmetric Key Client Library
(SKCL) - that implements this protocol. SKSML messages are transported within a
SOAP layer, protected by a Web Services Security (WSS) header and can be used
over standard HTTP securely.

OASIS and the EKMI TC welcome your comments.

---------------------------------------------------
Mary P McRae
Manager of TC Administration, OASIS
email: [email-masked]  
web: www.oasis-open.org