Subject: RE: Comments on draft-ietf-pkix-ecc-subpubkeyinfo-08

From: "Kemp, David P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 11:27:32 -0400

Sean,

Despite having some reservations about unnecessary application
complexity, I accept the suggested replacement text.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Turner, Sean P.
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 11:35 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Comments on draft-ietf-pkix-ecc-subpubkeyinfo-08

On implicitCurve, the text was written when specifiedCurve was an
option.
Now that it's gone, I'd suggest a change from:

o implicitCurve allows the elliptic curve parameters to be inherited.
This
choice MAY be supported, but if subordinate certificates use the same
namedCurve as their superior, then the subordinate certificate MUST use
the
namedCurve option. That is, implicitCurve is only supported if the
superior
doesn't use the namedCurve option.  

To:

o implicitCurve allows the elliptic curve parameters to be inherited.
This
choice MAY be supported.

spt