Subject: FW: need to update RFC 3161

From: "Pope, Nick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:47:48 +0100

Resending as previous submission may have not got through

-----Original Message-----
From: Pope, Nick 
Sent: 29 September 2008 13:33
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: need to update RFC 3161

All in PKIX,

On behalf on ETSI TC ESI I wish to highlight the need for RFC 3161 to be
updated to make use of SigningCertificateV2 (RFC 5035) in order to allow the
use of hash algorithms other than SHA-1.

Nick Pope
Thales e-Security

Consider the environment before printing this mail.
"Thales e-Security Limited is incorporated in England and Wales with company
registration number 2518805. Its registered office is located at 2 Dashwood
Lang Road, The Bourne Business Park, Addlestone, Nr. Weybridge, Surrey KT15
2NX.
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. It may also be
privileged. It is only intended for the stated addressee(s) and access to it
by any other person is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee or the
intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other
way use or rely on the information contained in this e-mail. Such
unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error
please delete it (and all copies) from your system, please also inform us
immediately on +44 (0)1844 201800 or email [email-masked].
Commercial matters detailed or referred to in this e-mail are subject to a
written contract signed for and on behalf of Thales e-Security Limited".