Subject: Client PKI Workshop

From: "Yngve Nysaeter Pettersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 17:19:43 +0200

Hello all,

In early December the CA/Browser forum will hold a workshop to investigate  
how Client PKI can be made more suitable for wide use.

We are looking for programme participants that would like to present views  
and suggestions to the workshop.

Please see http://www.cabforum.org/client_pki_2008/cfp_v05.htm for more  
information.

-- 
Sincerely,
Yngve N. Pettersen
********************************************************************
Senior Developer		     Email: [email-masked]
Opera Software ASA                   http://www.opera.com/
Phone:  +47 24 16 42 60              Fax:    +47 24 16 40 01
********************************************************************

---

From: "Anders Rundgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 21:44:37 +0200

Hi Yngve,
I am happy to see that browser vendors begin to take client-side PKI
more seriously.  What is not completely clear to me is what the target for
the workshop is outside of pure GUI-issues.  

"Unhelpful enrollment dialogs" is indeed a reality but under the surface
things are in an even more pitiful shape.  Most of the enrolment
schemes (which BTW are all over the map), lack pretty basic stuff
such as an ability to set PIN policies by issuers.  How do you view
this?

Although probably to be regarded as a shameless plug, you may
be interested knowing that I'm developing a set of browser-PKI-addons
which I call "PKI for Web 2.0" that currently comprise of Web Signatures,
Web Authentication, and more recently a Universal Key provisioning
and Life Cycle management system.   The word "Universal" is because
it supports PKI, OTP, Information Cards etc.  The whole caboodle is
intended to be launched around 1Q 09 as Open Source.

Regards
Anders Rundgren
http://WebPKI.org

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Yngve Nysaeter Pettersen" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 17:19
Subject: Client PKI Workshop

Hello all,