Subject: RE: straw poll

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 12:27:36 -0500

1. Yes
2. Yes

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Stephen Kent
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: straw poll

At a previous IETF meeting (Dublin) I agreed to conduct a straw poll
on adding a new WG item to address OCSP algorithm agility concerns,
after PHB sent a message indicating what status he envisioned for the
work. This action for both me and PHB fell through the cracks. At the
MSP IETF meeting PHB provided a briefing on the problems that he saw
re OCSP ambiguities re algorithm agility, and proposed a standards
track document to address these issues (see PHB's message of 12/2).

So, we now have a concrete proposal (draft-hallambaker-ocspagility)
available for review. PHB would like to publish this and then merge
it into the OCSP document when it progresses from PROPOSED to DRAFT
(see his message of 12/2).

Please send a message to the list by January 9th (allowing for
holiday outages) indicating whether

	1. your support PKIX work in this area
	2. you support adopting PHB's document as a starting point
for such work

Thanks & Happy Holidays,

Steve