Subject: AD review comments for draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update-01

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:51:34 +0200

I've now reviewed draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update-01, and it looks
good. I have only one nit: the draft doesn't touch any of the parts
related to PKCS#1 v1.5 signatures (RFC 4055 also specified OIDs 
for PKCS#1 v1.5 signatures with SHA-224/256/384/512), so I'd 
suggest the following edits:

Abstract:
OLD: 
   It updates the conventions for using the RSA Encryption Scheme -
   Optimal Asymmetric Encryption Padding (RSAES-OAEP) key transport
   algorithm with the Public-Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS) #1 version
   1.5 signature algorithm in the Internet X.509 Public Key
   Infrastructure (PKI).
NEW:
   It updates the conventions for using the RSA Encryption Scheme -
   Optimal Asymmetric Encryption Padding (RSAES-OAEP) key transport
   algorithm in the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).

Section 1:
OLD:
   RFC 4055 specifies conventions for using the RSA Encryption Scheme - 
   Optimal Asymmetric Encryption Padding (RSAES-OAEP) key transport 
   algorithm with the Public-Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS) #1 
   version 1.5 signature algorithm in the Internet X.509 Public Key 
   Infrastructure (PKI).
NEW:
   RFC 4055 specifies conventions for using the RSA Encryption Scheme - 
   Optimal Asymmetric Encryption Padding (RSAES-OAEP) key transport 
   algorithm in the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).

Sean and others, do these look correct?

Best regards,
Pasi

---

From: "Turner, Sean P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:37:19 -0500

These look correct to me.

spt 

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] 
>[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of 
>[email-masked]
>Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 12:52 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: AD review comments for draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update-01
>
>
>
>I've now reviewed draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update-01, and it 
>looks good. I have only one nit: the draft doesn't touch any 
>of the parts related to PKCS#1 v1.5 signatures (RFC 4055 also 
>specified OIDs for PKCS#1 v1.5 signatures with 
>SHA-224/256/384/512), so I'd suggest the following edits:
>
>Abstract:
>OLD: