Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-tac-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 14:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Traceable Anonymous Certificate
	Author(s)	: S. Park, H. Park, Y. Won, J. Lee, S. Kent
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-tac-04.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2009-5-26
	
Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) provides a powerful means of 
   authenticating individuals, organizations, and computers(e.g.,  
   web servers). However, when individuals use certificates to  
   access resources on the public Internet, there are legitimate 
   concerns about personal privacy, and thus there are increasing 
   demands for privacy enhancing techniques on the Internet. 

   In a PKI, an authorized entity such as a certification Authority 
   (CA) or a Registration Authority (RA) may be perceived, from a 
   privacy perspective, as a "big brother," even when a CA issues a 
   certificate containing a Subject name that is a pseudonym. This  
   is because such entities can always map a pseudonym in a  
   certificate they issued to the name of the real user to whom it  
   was issued. This document defines a practical architecture and 
   protocols for offering privacy for a user who requests and uses  
   an X.509 certificate containing a pseudonym, while still retaining 
   the ability to map such a certificate to the real user who  
   requested it. The architecture is compatible with IETF certificate 
   request formats such as PKCS10 [3]and CMC[4]. The architecture 
   separates the authorities involved in issuing a certificate: one  
   for verifying ownership of a private key (Blind Issuer) and the  
   other for validating the contents of a certificate (Anonymity  
   Issuer). The end-entity(EE) certificates issued under this model  
   are called Traceable Anonymous Certificates (TACs).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-tac-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.