Subject: WGLCs, etc.

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 11:21:11 -0400

Folks,

I have been on vacation and out of the country for most of the last 8 
weeks, so I have fallen behind on various WG administrative matters. 
I apologize for that. (In fact, I am out of the country again, 
attending the LACNIC meeting in Panama this week, and taking another 
week of vacation in Panama, but I'll try to make some progress while 
I'm here.)

Here is where I think we are relative to various matters:

Meeting minutes are final.

Cert-image has been accepted as a new WG item.

Concluded WGLCs:

	- Authority Clearance: done a while ago, and I am the 
cognizant WG co-chair for this document. One minor edit needs to be 
done, but it does not merit a second WGLC. I hope to send the writeup 
to the IESG this week.

	- PRQP: this WGLC closed a while ago, but max published 
version 3 afterwards, with some changes motivated by initial 
deployment experiences. Max sent a message on 4/24 asking for 
comments, and I saw no responses. So, I will consider the WGLC to 
still be valid, unless there are objections.

	- Trust anchor format: Carl will make a minor edit to the 
ASN.1 module and publish a new version. This version will be sent to 
the IESG for review. I am the cognizant WG co-chair for this document.

	- Other-certs: Stephe  Farrell will make a minor edit in 
AUTH-48. Stefan is the cognizant WG co-chair for this document.

	- sha2-dsa-ecdsa: Several changes are needed to address 
comments that arose during WGLC. The authors need to publish a 
revised version of the document. Paul and Stefan, who provided 
critical comments will review the new version and indicate if they 
are satisfied. If so, we'll consider the WGLC to have completed 
successfully.

The straw poll on the status of the new ASN.1 closed on 5/22. There 
were 9 votes for OBSOLETE, and 16 (including me) for UPDATE. This 
info will be provided to Tim as per his request.

Anythig  else?

Steve

---

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 19:55:53 +0200

Good summary Steve,

> Anythig  else?

Yes, 

I think we can conclude the WGLC also on the TAC document as well.

I think the authors have addressed the comments to a reasonable extent given
that this is an experimental document.

I think this document is ready for IESG review once the newly submitted
draft 04 is available.

I'm the cognizant WG co-chair for this document.

/Stefan