Subject: [pkix] Document Action: 'Other Certificates Extension' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:39:10 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Other Certificates Extension '
   <draft-ietf-pkix-other-certs-05.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Tim Polk and Pasi Eronen.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-other-certs-05.txt

Technical Summary

This document defines a new X.509 certificate extension that
allows applications to link together a set of certificates
belonging to the same end entity, which can safely be
considered to be equivalent.  The extension is inserted in a new
certificate, which is considered equivalent to another previously
issued certificate. The equivalent certificate is referenced using
a certificate identifier defined in SCVP (RFC 5055).

Working Group Summary

This work received a fair amount of comments when it was
proposed which lead to a number of updates to the original
proposal. After this initial alignment there have only been a
few minor comments on the draft.

Document Quality

The extension defined in this document has a very simple
structure. The document should be more than adequate to allow
interoperable implementations.

Personnel

   Stefan Santesson is the Document Shepherd for this document.
   Tim Polk is the Responsible Area Director.