Subject: [pkix] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pkix-ta-mgmt-reqs-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 05:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Trust Anchor Management Requirements
	Author(s)       : R. Reddy, C. Wallace
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pkix-ta-mgmt-reqs-04.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2009-09-23

A trust anchor represents an authoritative entity via a public key
and associated data.  The public key is used to verify digital
signatures and the associated data is used to constrain the types of
information for which the trust anchor is authoritative.  A relying
party uses trust anchors to determine if a digitally signed object is
valid by verifying a digital signature using the trust anchor's
public key, and by enforcing the constraints expressed in the
associated data for the trust anchor.  This document describes some
of the problems associated with the lack of a standard trust anchor
management mechanism and defines requirements for data formats and
push-based protocols designed to address these problems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ta-mgmt-reqs-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.