Subject: [pkix] RFC 5756 on Updates for RSAES-OAEP and RSASSA-PSS Algorithm Parameters

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:20:19 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5756

        Title:      Updates for RSAES-OAEP and RSASSA-PSS 
                    Algorithm Parameters 
        Author:     S. Turner, D. Brown,
                    K. Yiu, R. Housley,
                    T. Polk
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12017
        Updates:    RFC4055

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5756.txt

This document updates RFC 4055.  It updates the conventions for using
the RSA Encryption Scheme - Optimal Asymmetric Encryption Padding
(RSAES-OAEP) key transport algorithm in the Internet X.509 Public Key
Infrastructure (PKI).  Specifically, it updates the conventions for
algorithm parameters in an X.509 certificate's subjectPublicKeyInfo
field.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC