Subject: [pkix] RFC 5755 on An Internet Attribute Certificate Profile for Authorization

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:20:09 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5755

        Title:      An Internet Attribute Certificate Profile 
                    for Authorization 
        Author:     S. Farrell, R. Housley,
                    S. Turner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      50
        Characters: 101482
        Obsoletes:  RFC3281

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-3281update-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5755.txt

This specification defines a profile for the use of X.509 Attribute
Certificates in Internet Protocols.  Attribute certificates may be
used in a wide range of applications and environments covering a
broad spectrum of interoperability goals and a broader spectrum of
operational and assurance requirements.  The goal of this document is
to establish a common baseline for generic applications requiring
broad interoperability as well as limited special purpose
requirements.  The profile places emphasis on attribute certificate
support for Internet electronic mail, IPsec, and WWW security
applications.  This document obsoletes RFC 3281.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC