Subject: [pkix] Resolution of certimage WGLC issues

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 17:25:26 +0100

During WGLC we agreed to update the security considerations section with a
note regarding privacy concerns that may be related to information contained
in certificate images.
I have crafted the following text to be amended in the 07 draft. This text
has been approved by Nick Pope who advocated for including such text:

New text:

   Certificate images that are stored as externally referenced files may
   contain privacy sensitive information. In such case it is important
   that the CA maintains privacy through appropriate means. This could
   be achieved for example through access control or use of URL
   references and file names that are hard to guess and sparsely
   distributed. It is also important that the CA does not provide means
   through which a third party can browse and discover certimages that
   contains information that is considered privacy sensitive.

All other comments in the WGLC process have been responded to without any
recorded objections.

/Stefan