Subject: Re: [pkix] Second Last Call: draft-ietf-pkix-authorityclearanceconstraints

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:10:37 +0100 (MEZ)

At Wed, 3 Mar 2010 11:05:24 -0800, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> At 1:47 PM -0500 3/3/10, Russ Housley wrote:
> I think a normative downref to this document is fine.
>
> Fully agree.

+1.

Rationale:
Essentially, the decision to not bring the new-asn1 drafts on the
Standards Track was a question of available manpower, not of technical
content.  The consistency of these memos with the existing 'old ASN.1'
versions can be further proven in practice by means of the binary
compatibility of the derived BER/DER encodings.

BTW:
  Unfortunately, this draft has slipped my attention, and I now
  found a couple of editorials that should be fixed for clarity
  and consistency; e.g. lots of missing articles, singular/plural
  mismatches, a few twisted wordings in the Introduction, and a few
  fixes of terminology like  s/end PKC/end-entity PKC/g .
  I'll quickly prepare a detailed report, which could be handed over
  to the RFC Editor to speed up the process.

Kind regards,
  Alfred.

-- 

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |
| Gerlinger Strasse 12   |  Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18         |
| D-71254  Ditzingen     |  E-Mail:  [email-masked]                     |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+