Subject: [pkix] RFC 5816 on ESSCertIDv2 Update for RFC 3161

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 10:44:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5816

        Title:      ESSCertIDv2 Update for RFC 3161 
        Author:     S. Santesson, N. Pope
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 10216
        Updates:    RFC3161

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-rfc3161-update-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5816.txt

This document updates RFC 3161.  It allows the use of
ESSCertIDv2, as defined in RFC 5035, to specify the hash of a
signer certificate when the hash is calculated with a function other
than the Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA-1).  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC