Subject: [pkix] Query regarding SCEP GetCert message type !

From: satish lvr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 21:42:04 +0530

Hi All,

In the new draft released by SCEP (draft-nourse-scep-20),  i have following
queries :

In the section 3.2.4 GetCert, it has been mentioned that messageType
attribute should be set to "PKCSReq".

But there is a messageType available "GetCert" also. Why it is not being
used ?

I have checked in draft-nourse-scep-18. In draft-nourse-scep-18, it has been
mentioned that messageType should be "GetCert".

I am confused whether it should be "GetCert" or "PKCSReq".

I request some clarifications or any information.

Thank you very much !

Regards
Satish.

---

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:04:05 +0200

Satish,

I have no problem with this being discussed here, but having in mind that
this is not a PKIX document, you may want to ask the question directly to
the document authors.

/Stefan

On 10-04-29 6:12 PM, "satish lvr" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> In the section 3.2.4 GetCert, it has been mentioned that messageType attribute
> should be set to "PKCSReq".
> 
> But there is a messageType available "GetCert" also. Why it is not being used
> ?
> 
> _______________________________________________
> pkix mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pkix