Subject: [pkix] Revising OCSP - way forward

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:02:35 +0200

All,

Apology for taking time to get back to the list after the show of hands
request regarding the future handling of OCSP.
Steve has been on a few vacation and business trips over the last 2 months,
and have been slowly catching up with PKIX list traffic.

After looking at the list traffic and discussing the issue we agree that
PKIX ought to update OCSP documentation (option 2), e.g., to deal with the
various ambiguities that folks have identified and to incorporate the OCSP
agility update. As folks noted on the list, we want to keep this effort
small, not open one or more cans of worms, so the scope will be very
limited.

David Cooper has done a great job on 5280, so we are happy to name him  lead
editor.  Stefan, as the lead editor of the agility document, will also
contribute, as we would like the update to incorporate that document as
well. Other folks who have offered to help are welcome to do so.

In such case, send us and David a note. Otherwise expect a first draft for
discussion in a not to distant future.

Steve & Stefan

---

From: Michael Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 15:16:46 -0700

Stefan,

Good to see the WG take this up.

I will be interested in the edits of Section 4.2.2.2.

That text caused me some work.

Seems my concerns then prove true now; oh well.

Will advise.

Mike