Subject: [pkix] CMP for Attribute Certificates

From: "Murat Yasin Kubilay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 09:12:46 +0300

Hi All

Is there a protocol for  issuing Attribute Certificates like CMP
(Certificate Management Protocol) ?
In fact,  RFC 4210 (CMP) is defining the issued  certificate as

**************************************************************
CMPCertificate ::= CHOICE {
         x509v3PKCert        Certificate
      }
   -- This syntax, while bits-on-the-wire compatible with the
   -- standard X.509 definition of "Certificate", allows the
   -- possibility of future certificate types (such as X.509
   -- attribute certificates, WAP WTLS certificates, or other kinds
   -- of certificates) within this certificate management protocol,
   -- should a need ever arise to support such generality.
**************************************************************
In ASN notation, CMPCertificate is defined as choice for further
certificate types like Attribute Certificates. Should we put another
option for AC to this choice , or are there any other implementations in
practice ?

Thanks in advance

Murat Yasin Kubilay
Chief Researcher
TUBITAK/UEKAE

Tel : +90 262 648 1497
Fax: +90 262 648 1100