Subject: [pkix] RFC 6025 on ASN.1 Translation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 19:07:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6025

        Title:      ASN.1 Translation 
        Author:     C. Wallace, C. Gardiner
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 39221
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-asn1-translation-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6025.txt

Abstract Syntax Notation One (ASN.1) is widely used throughout the
IETF Security Area and has been for many years.  Some specifications
were written using a now deprecated version of ASN.1 and some were
written using the current version of ASN.1.  Not all ASN.1 compilers
support both older and current syntax.  This document is intended to
provide guidance to specification authors and to implementers
converting ASN.1 modules from one version of ASN.1 to another version
without causing changes to the "bits on the wire".  This document
does not provide a comprehensive tutorial of any version of ASN.1.
Instead, it addresses ASN.1 features that are used in IETF Security
Area specifications with a focus on items that vary with the ASN.1
version.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC