Subject: [pkix] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC4211 (2595)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 08:20:20 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC4211,
"Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate Request Message Format (CRMF)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4211&eid=2595

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>

Section: 2.1

Original Text
-------------
   7.  Replaced Appendix A with a reference to [RFC2875].  The only
       difference is that the old text specified to use subject alt name
       instead of subject name if subject name was empty.  This is not
       possible for a CA certificate issued using PKIX.  It would
       however be useful to update RFC 2875 to have this fallback
       position.

   7.  Insert Appendix C describing why POP is necessary and what some
       of the different POP attacks are.

   8.  pop field in the CertReqMsg structure has been renamed to popo to
       avoid confusion between POP and pop.

   9.  The use of the EncryptedValue structure has been deprecated in
       favor of the EnvelopedData structure.

   10.  Add details on how private keys are to be structured when
       encrypted.

   11.  Allow for POP on key agreement algorithms other than DH.

Corrected Text
--------------
   7.  Replaced Appendix A with a reference to [RFC2875].  The only
       difference is that the old text specified to use subject alt name
       instead of subject name if subject name was empty.  This is not
       possible for a CA certificate issued using PKIX.  It would
       however be useful to update RFC 2875 to have this fallback
       position.

   8.  Insert Appendix C describing why POP is necessary and what some
       of the different POP attacks are.

   9.  pop field in the CertReqMsg structure has been renamed to popo to
       avoid confusion between POP and pop.

   10. The use of the EncryptedValue structure has been deprecated in
       favor of the EnvelopedData structure.

   11.  Add details on how private keys are to be structured when
       encrypted.

   12.  Allow for POP on key agreement algorithms other than DH.

Notes
-----
Item 7 erroneously repeated.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC4211 (draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2511bis-08)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate Request Message Format (CRMF)
Publication Date    : September 2005
Author(s)           : J. Schaad
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509)
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG