Subject: [pkix] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC4210 (2616)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 04:33:00 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC4210,
"Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate Management Protocol (CMP)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4210&eid=2616

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>

Section: 5.1.3.1

Original Text
-------------
   Note: it is RECOMMENDED that the fields of PBMParameter remain
   constant throughout the messages of a single transaction (e.g.,
   ir/ip/certConf/pkiConf) in order to reduce the overhead associated
   with PasswordBasedMac computation).

Corrected Text
--------------
   Note: it is RECOMMENDED that the fields of PBMParameter remain
   constant throughout the messages of a single transaction (e.g.,
   ir/ip/certConf/pkiConf) in order to reduce the overhead associated
   with PasswordBasedMac computation.

Notes
-----

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC4210 (draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2510bis-09)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate Management Protocol (CMP)
Publication Date    : September 2005
Author(s)           : C. Adams, S. Farrell, T. Kause, T. Mononen
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509)
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG