Subject: Re: [pkix] customers for uniformResourceIdentifier SAN

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 07:46:21 -0800

> Are folks here aware of any customers for the uniformResourceIdentifer
> SAN other than SIP (RFC 5922)?

fyi/fwiw..

rfc[145]> grep -i uniformResourceIdentifier *.txt

rfc2459.txt:   stored in the uniformResourceIdentifier (an IA5String). The name 
MUST
rfc2459.txt:           uniformResourceIdentifier       [6]     IA5String,
rfc2459.txt:   accessLocation MUST be a uniformResourceIdentifier.  Where the
rfc2459.txt:     uniformResourceIdentifier       [6]     IA5String,
rfc2459.txt:        uniformResourceIdentifier   [6] IA5String,
rfc2538.txt:            uniformResourceIdentifier  [6] IA5String,
rfc3280.txt:   stored in the uniformResourceIdentifier (an IA5String).  The name
rfc3280.txt:        uniformResourceIdentifier       [6]     IA5String,
rfc3280.txt:   accessLocation MUST be a uniformResourceIdentifier.  Where the
rfc3280.txt:   ldap, accessLocation MUST be a uniformResourceIdentifier.  Where the
rfc3280.txt:   ftp, accessLocation MUST be a uniformResourceIdentifier.  Where the
rfc3280.txt:     uniformResourceIdentifier       [6]     IA5String,
rfc3281.txt:   directoryName, uniformResourceIdentifier, and iPAddress options.
rfc3281.txt:   uniformResourceIdentifier CHOICE of the GeneralName.
rfc3792.txt:               uniformResourceIdentifier  [6] IA5String,
rfc3923.txt:   separate GeneralName entry of type uniformResourceIdentifier inside
rfc4325.txt:   MUST be a uniformResourceIdentifier and the URI MUST point to a
rfc4325.txt:     SHOULD be a uniformResourceIdentifier.  The URI MUST specify a
rfc4398.txt:           uniformResourceIdentifier       [6]     IA5String,
rfc4523.txt:     / gn-uniformResourceIdentifier
rfc4523.txt:gn-uniformResourceIdentifier = id-uniformResourceIdentifier
rfc4523.txt:     / id-uniformResourceIdentifier
rfc4523.txt:id-uniformResourceIdentifier = %x75.6E.69.66.6F.72.6D.52.65.73.6F.75
rfc4523.txt:     ; 'uniformResourceIdentifier'
rfc4572.txt:      uniformResourceIdentifier subjectAltName corresponding to the
rfc4975.txt:   uniformResourceIdentifier for each URI corresponding to this client
rfc5216.txt:   uniformResourceIdentifier) MAY be used.
rfc5216.txt:   uniformResourceIdentifier) MAY be used.
rfc5280.txt:   stored in the uniformResourceIdentifier (an IA5String).  The name
rfc5280.txt:        uniformResourceIdentifier       [6]     IA5String,
rfc5280.txt:   rfc822Name, uniformResourceIdentifier, dNSName, and iPAddress name
rfc5280.txt:   uniformResourceIdentifier name form and a subsequent certificate
rfc5280.txt:   includes a subjectAltName extension with a uniformResourceIdentifier
rfc5280.txt:   SHOULD be a uniformResourceIdentifier.  The LDAP URI [RFC4516] MUST
rfc5280.txt:   MUST be a uniformResourceIdentifier and the URI MUST point to either
rfc5280.txt:   SHOULD be a uniformResourceIdentifier.  The LDAP URI [RFC4516] MUST
rfc5280.txt:   MUST be a uniformResourceIdentifier and the URI MUST point to either
rfc5280.txt:   FTP, accessLocation MUST be a uniformResourceIdentifier.  Where the
rfc5280.txt:   MUST be a uniformResourceIdentifier and the URI MUST point to either
rfc5280.txt:   SHOULD be a uniformResourceIdentifier.  The LDAP URI [RFC4516] MUST
rfc5280.txt:   uniformResourceIdentifier field in GeneralName, which is defined as
rfc5280.txt:     uniformResourceIdentifier [6]  IA5String,
rfc5280.txt:   uniformResourceIdentifier field must contain a valid URI as 
specified
rfc5280.txt:   For example, when the uniformResourceIdentifier field appears in a
rfc5755.txt:   directoryName, uniformResourceIdentifier, and iPAddress options.
rfc5755.txt:   uniformResourceIdentifier CHOICE of the GeneralName.
rfc5912.txt:        uniformResourceIdentifier   [6]  IA5String,
rfc5922.txt:      uniformResourceIdentifier (c.f.  Sections 6 and 7.1).

---
end

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 09:04:39 -0700

> rfc[145]> grep -i uniformResourceIdentifier *.txt

Heh, thanks.

Out of that, the only other customers I find are the im: and pres: URI
schemes, which are essentially downstream from SIP and rarely used.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/