Subject: [pkix] RFC 6170 on Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure -- Certificate Image

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 17:19:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6170

        Title:      Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure 
                    -- Certificate Image 
        Author:     S. Santesson, R. Housley,
                    S. Bajaj, L. Rosenthol
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25240
        Updates:    RFC3709

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-certimage-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6170.txt

This document specifies a method to bind a visual representation of a
certificate in the form of a certificate image to a public key
certificate as defined in RFC 5280, by defining a new
"otherLogos" image type according to RFC 3709.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC