Subject: Re: [pkix] [x500standard] SV: RSA key length

From: "Erik Andersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 09:44:03 +0200

Please see below question.

Erik

Fra: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] På vegne af Erik Andersen
Sendt: 24. juli 2014 09:21
Til: [email-masked]
Cc: Steffen Fries
Emne: [x500standard] SV: RSA key length

Hej,

Let me reformulate the question I got from another side.

The question was: Are the different OIDs for different RSA key length? I
know this is not the case, but I have also been looking formal way to
specify the key length instead of just using English text.

The ALGORITHM information object class is defined as:

ALGORITHM ::= CLASS {

  &Type          OPTIONAL,

  &id            OBJECT IDENTIFIER UNIQUE }

WITH SYNTAX {

  [PARMS         &Type]

  IDENTIFIED BY  &id }

RFC  4055 specifies that the parameter shall be present, but shall have the
value NULL meaning that the parameter is not the way to formally specify the
key length. Is that the right understanding?

Regards,

Erik

Fra: [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>
[mailto:[email-masked]] På vegne af Erik Andersen
Sendt: 23. juli 2014 17:12
Til: Directory list
Emne: [x500standard] RSA key length

Hi,

I have got a question RSA key length. There is a single object identifier
that identifies an RSA key. Apparently, there no way to formally specify the
key length to be used.

What I have seen, the rsaEncryptionAlgorithm does not specify a parameter.

Kind regards,

Erik