Subject: [pkix] EC key pair

From: sumit agarwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 15:52:38 +0530

Hi,

I am working on SCEP client but unable to find any SCEP server which
supports CERT enrollment using EC key pair.
Can any help to answer below questions.

1. Does SCEP support Certificate enrollment using EC key pairs?
2. Are there any SCEP servers which already support this?

With warm regards,
Sumit

---

From: Erwann Abalea <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 15:07:35 +0200

Bonjour,

SCEP (as a draft) already supports enrolment of an EC public key with a
request encrypted to the RSA public key of the CA/RA.

SCEP (as a draft) could support enrolment of a public key with a request
encrypted to the EC public key of the CA/RA, if you choose some
ECDH/ECMQV/ECIES variant to encrypt the symetric key. See RFC5753 for
example.

But SCEP is so old that it's probably not the best idea to play with it and
EC keys. It was changed as "Historic" some years ago, and the latest draft
(september 2011) never went published.

-- 
Erwann.