Subject: [pkix] PKIX drafts on EdDSA/Ed25519 and Curve25519/Curve448

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 00:02:39 +0200

Hi all,

(I'm cross-posting pkix@ and tls@ because there is cross-WG coordination
involved here -- please redirect followups appropriately.)

Symantec kindly donated two OIDs for Ed25519 keys/signatures.  I have
updated the EdDSA/Ed25519 draft to use them, together with some other
minor tweaks.  Please find the updated document here:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-josefsson-pkix-eddsa-02

Symantec also offered 1.3.101.102...1.3.101.127 for other curves or
signature schemes, as they are defined, which will shave off a couple of
bytes for us.  Coordination of allocation is handled by Rick Andrews.

A couple of people suggested to define encodings for Curve25519/Curve448
(the CFRG curves) public keys.  I didn't see that this necessarily had
to be in the above document, so I put it in a separate document.  I'm
not entirely sure how useful this is, or if I may have completely
misunderstood what people had in mind.  Please find a new document here:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-josefsson-pkix-newcurves-00

The document is short and a bit rough at the moment; all feedback is
welcome.

Cheers,
/Simon