Subject: [pkix] TrustAnchorInfo Media (MIME) Type

From: Peter Bowen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 21:20:08 -0800

RFC 5914 defines the TrustAnchorInfo  and TrustAnchorList data types
and assigns a CMS content type for TrustAnchorList.  It does not
request any assignment of Media (MIME) Types for either the TAI or TAL
structures.

Has there been any discussion or informal consensus of a Media Type or
file extension for either data structure?

Thanks,
Peter

---

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 22:09:42 -0800

I don't know about a file extension, but the media type would be
application/cms as defined in RFC 7193.

I would guess, but do not know, that it was thought that one would only send
a list of one item rather than the TrustAnchorInfo structure on its own.

The other thing to consider is if one is going to want to used one of the
CMS security wrappers on the type as well.

Jim

> -----Original Message-----
> From: pkix [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Peter Bowen
> Sent: Monday, November 23, 2015 9:20 PM
> To: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [pkix] TrustAnchorInfo Media (MIME) Type
> 
> RFC 5914 defines the TrustAnchorInfo  and TrustAnchorList data types and
> assigns a CMS content type for TrustAnchorList.  It does not request any
> assignment of Media (MIME) Types for either the TAI or TAL structures.
> 
file
> extension for either data structure?
> 
> Thanks,
> Peter
> 
> _______________________________________________
> pkix mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pkix

---

From: Carl Wallace <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 07:02:34 -0500

TAMP (RFC 5934) defines media types for messages that contain
TrustAnchorInfo structures. For example, application/tamp-update to
provide trust anchor store management instructions to a TA store or
application/tamp-status-response to return details regarding contents of a
TA store.