Subject: [pkix] Last Call: <draft-wallace-est-alt-challenge-04.txt> (Alternative Challenge Password Attributes for Enrollment over Secure Transport) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 06:39:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Alternative Challenge Password Attributes for Enrollment over Secure
   Transport'
  <draft-wallace-est-alt-challenge-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-03-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a set of new Certificate Signing Request
   attributes for use with the Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST)
   protocol.  These attributes provide disambiguation of the existing
   overloaded uses for the PKCS #9 challengePassword attribute.  Uses
   include the original certificate revocation password, common
   authentication password uses, and EST-defined linking of transport
   security identity.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wallace-est-alt-challenge/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wallace-est-alt-challenge/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.